Caffeine Is So Bad For You

I just had a pop and I could feel my heart racing, then my muscles tightening up to a painful degree, and now my chest hurts.

Don’t do caffeine.

1 Like

Some problems are worth having.

(SLURP)

:grin:

4 Likes

Probably the high amounts of sugar/corn syrup with the caffeine mix that’s making u feel bad. A coffee or a cup of tea here and there is good for you if u don’t add much sugar.

1 Like

i don’t consume caffeine often, if at all. i used to eat fast food meals with caffeine sodas, but the caffeine interfered with my sleep patterns, so i started getting juices instead. also, chocolate cereal interfered with my sleeping sometimes, though i’m not sure if chocolate cereal has caffeine. either way, i started being careful with chocolate close to bedtime. though now, i don’t eat those kind of cereals.

Don’t do a LOT of caffeine anyways.

It’s a highly addictive substance ya know. I don’t drink it all that often, except when I have a TON of work to do, then I down energy drinks and when I quit them after finishing the work I go through nasty withdrawal :sweat_smile:

Try crack or heroin. Both cause problems, and both users say it’s worth having.

1 Like

I have given up weed, booze, amphetamines, tobacco, and most everything deep fried. The coffee stays.

[SLURP]

:blush:

6 Likes

Stay away from the 500mg caffeine pre workout supplements. That’s all I have to say.

1 Like

I’m not saying you should quit coffee. I’m just saying it’s bad for you. If someone wants to make their body try to process that crap, I don’t care. It’s not hurting me.

I’ve seen all kinds of prework out supplements. Never took any though.

I actually quit drinking a lot of protein drinks because the cholesterol was killing me. I found out that things high in protein are also high in cholesterol. Fish is on that list too, but it’s good cholesterol. Had to stop taking creatine as well because it made my muscles too loose and had to pee all the time.

I just wasn’t cut out to be a body builder. Although I can make myself decently sized and tone af for summer though.

1 Like

Under the right circumstances, extra caffeine can increase my paranoia and/or make my moods shift around.
I have to be careful with that third cup of coffee.
I really shouldn’t have any caffeine after 4pm.

1 Like

Not everyone agrees with that assessment.

https://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/

[Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip]

4 Likes

I’m blatantly addicted to coffee, but I know I overdo it, I just can’t get myself to cut down from a tall glass of espresso shots to like one or two baby shots.

I drink espresso and then I throw it up. Nearly every week, this happens at least once.
“Stop putting so much espresso into your machine” says my mom.
“Okay,” I say as I put more than I normally do into the machine and think maybe it’ll be different this time if I have some Capn Crunch cereal along side the coffee…it never is different.
!SAD SONG PLAYS!

I used to drink coffee 24 / 7 but now I drink two cups in the morning and that’s it…then later in the afternoon and evening I drink diet coke.

1 Like

Not everyone agrees with that assessment either. The evidence is contradicting.

[quote]Coffee has been around for a long time and blamed for many ills — from stunting your growth to causing heart disease — but newer research shows that it may actually have health benefits.

However, the research appears to bear out some risks. High consumption of unfiltered coffee (boiled or espresso) has been associated with mild elevations in cholesterol levels.[/quote]
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/coffee-and-health/faq-20058339

Also, continued use of coffee can have the inverse of the desired effect. I.e. make you tired, and needing more coffee than before. Just like drugs. Your Brain On Coffee

Caffeine can interfere with antipsychotics and thus bad for you maybe…

1 Like

Just add some water. The Amt of acid is just too much for your stomach

1 Like

I never drink caffeine, it makes me feel agitated, anxious and keeps me awake at night.
If you drink tea it has two good chemical properties contained in it , which is, it is an antioxidant and that it contains L-Theanine.
L-Theanine reduces the side effects of the caffeine, so drinking tea is better than drinking coffee or coke.
I never drink tea as I hate the taste of it, but I think drinking tea is not too harmful for people who like it.

1 Like

Excessive caffeine consumption is not a good idea if you suffer with an Anxiety disorder.
I try to limit my intake of coffee down to 2 cups.

5 Likes