Caffeine increases striatal dopamine D2/D3 receptor availability in the human

2 Likes

I was wondering if caffeine is bad for sz.

1 Like

When I was on 40mg of Olanzapine it zapped me of energy and I slept all the time. I drank coffee constantly all day long, like 10-15 cups a day and I never became psychotic.

Now that I am on Lurasidone, I have one large cup of coffee in the morning then switch to (green/white) tea for the rest of the day, probably like 5-8 cups a day. Tea has less caffeine than coffee but I’ve never become psychotic doing this either.

Caffeine may affect other people with schizophrenia in a negative way but I have always been fine.

1 Like

Did you try any stimulants like Modafinil or Strattera? My dr suggested I try Modafinil but I told her my caffeine pills are working fine. Maybe I should tell her ok for Modafinil.

1 Like

No, I never tried a stimulant and I don’t really know anything about them.

1 Like

I drink about three cups a day and one energy drink so my caffeine intake is quite high

1 Like

Caffeine and nicotine are stimulants. Maybe you meant you didn’t try a prescription stimulant?

-Albert.

Yeah, that’s what I meant, @Aziz had mentioned a couple prescription stimulants and that is what i was referring too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.