By how much sz disabled you?

Probably about 80% if I had to put a figure on it. I was high functioning prior to my first psychosis.

1 Like

Hmm.

The Society. Civilization. Culture.

We, , , As Schizophrenic, Or Schizoaffective Individuals Are The 1% Of The Population.

I Am The 1% Of The 1%.

My Friends Left Me. My Family Left Me. And I Now Rely On The Government To Keep Me Alive.

One Asks Themselves When Nothing Is Left After Everything Is Stolen.

‘Why Should I Even Stay On Thus Earth’?.

Well. I Shall Tell You Why. . .

When I Wake Up, No Matter How Terrible The Night Before Was. No Matter How Terrible The Yesterdays. No Matter How Alone. No Matter How Lost. No Matter How Frightened.

As I Wander Out The Door In The Morning. The Birds Are Always Singing Songs.

For All Who Are Still Paying Attention. . .

No One Cares About The Birds. And No One Cares About Me. But!, They Still Sing.

It’s A Purpose. A Reason. A Spiritual Crossing Into The Living Sphere Of Eternity.

I May Be The 1% Of The 1%, And That May Be Fairly Weak. But!, In My Shadows Eyes, Another Reason To Believe. Showing Me A Garden Still Breathing. Still Alive. Like A Human Being.

Selah!.

3 Likes

Yes it’s anxiety but I also suffer from negative symptoms which also cripple me.

1 Like

I think the whole per cent disabled thing is nonsensical and discriminatory.

2 Likes

Disability committee diagnosed me with 67% but I think it’s higher

2 Likes

I recon 50 %
I’m good enough at the normal stuff a retiree person can do
Other than communication

2 Likes

Hmm.

Did You Leave The Blank Space With Those Two Words Side (By) Side By Accident?.

Or!. Are You Secretly, LIKE A SNAKE!, Slithering In The Tall Etched Grass, Hiding Your Purpose…,

With The Song:::~ ‘Dollars And Cents’, By None Other Than Radiohead. . .

Very Tricky And Sneaky You Are Grasshopper (!!!).

Selah!.

No, @ATARI, I’m not a snake. Per cent can be written in one word or two. English is not my first language so if I mix US and UK spellings, please forgive me.

Hmm.

You Have Been Forgiven. Already Such And As If Shall Be. . .

For I Had No Problem With You To Begin With. . .

But!, If You Need Forgiveness For Your Bad Deeds In The Past…, Well…, Good Luck!.

Selah!.

No. I’m just apologizing for maybe mixing US and UK spellings.

Hmm.

It’s All Good In Da Hood Yo!.

Calm Your Anxious Nerves With Some Green Tea. . .

Why Is It Called, ‘Green Tea’?.

Well, I Shall Tell You. . .

It’s A Gift From Aliens, To NASA, From NASA To The Public. . .

Who Is The Public, You May Be Asking Yourself. . .

THAT’s US (!!!).

Yay!, For Green Tea. . .

Please Enjoy Your Sample In The Future!.

Selah!.

I don’t know. If I reasoned it out then I would start at 50 percent. I am working 20+ hours per week. Easy to take that for granted.

1 Like

I don’t remember life before whatever it is I have (I’m starting to doubt it’s sz)
At its worst, I was very disabled. In and out of hospitals, unable to do anything by myself, unable to interact with people or care for myself or do anything really.
I was so afraid to feel anything I was constantly drugged on either prescription or illegal drugs. I was surrounded by people who were so convinced I was helpless they convinced me of it too.
I took a leap of faith and had to work hard to improve, but it paid off.

Nowadays I won’t say my diagnosis hinders me much. Some memory problems here and there, the occasional dip in mood, faint auditory halluciantions if I’m stressed and sleep derprived. Other than that, I live a fairly normal life.

2 Likes

im not sure how much i am disabled, definitely not a scholar, but i think i could get a horticulture degree if i tried and maybe turn the property into a homestead. i was thinking i would grow flowers commercially and ginseng in my woods for sale.

i don’t really want to be employed but now that im on meds i could probably pull it off. i could never be management or anything like that though, as im not good dealing with people. so some kind of janitor job i could pull off, or a stocker in a store.

i have so many bad habits of being lazy that i don’t know how much is it, negative symptoms vs just being lazy and unmotivated. the system is working against me at the moment too, as my meds are expensive and if i go back to work i may lose my medicaid so that is the main thing preventing me from functioning.

also driving is not something im as good at as before diagnosis. my strategy is to only drive places im familiar with and avoid interstates, which prevents me from commuting to better paying jobs. i havent had many voices for awhile now, so i think i could say im about 20% disabled, although i have lost some iq and am showing some cognitive decline, but i can still memorize herbs and things like that, and my memory is much improved now that i no longer binge drink. now i can remember all the food i’ve had in a day and my conversations with people. which is something i used to forget very quickly and end up asking people the same question multiple times a day.

with better habits i can become functional, i do have the motivation to do things i like, but can’t bring myself to do things i dont want to do.

3 Likes

It disabled me significantly. I can no longer handle even slight stress. The stress of my physical disabilities is no longer tolerable because they trigger my sz symptoms. I work very hard to have an EXTREMELY low stress life. Before sz I still had all the same physical disabilities and was working a very stressful 70+ hr/week job and thriving. Now I fall down and I’m out for a week because the pain causes hallucinations to get bad. I tried doing things similar to a part time job and it almost killed me. I wouldn’t say it 100% disabled me, because I’m still a good parent, but parenting one relatively easy child is about all in capable of anymore.

3 Likes

The last episode really made realise how much it effects me. I’d say 45% because I can only work part time.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s all due to schizophrenia, since after I broke my neck I was sent to a DAC - Designated Assessment Center, which is supposed to be neutral in assessing individuals after severe trauma, including head injury

The testing process is gruelling, testing both short-term and long-term memory, mathematics, you name it… As well as computer skills, physical abilities Etc

At that time, close to 14 years ago now, I was deemed greater than 50% disabled. I’m not sure I have gotten better or worse over the years, it’s hard to tell. But it feels like I am coping better, for which I am grateful

4 Likes

I know I was regarded at one point as being at least 80% disabled as that, was a criteria needed to get severe disablement allowance.

1 Like

Currently like 40%.

1 Like

I’m officially considered disabled at 100%.

1 Like