Buy a new coat or a new computer?

I looked at your coat and Amazon has that same style in a lot of dirt cheap Chinese brands.

I live in the Midwest of America and believe me you need a good jacket here. I only paid about 60 US dollars for my Carhartt.

I say find the coat but by a way cheaper designer, and then you’ll be able to eat and get a decent laptop.

2 Likes

I got fired from the Olympic park in Calgary when I was 16. You’re not supposed to sit in the bucket of a shovel and ride it down the bobsled track. I had like a $40 coat and I was plenty warm at that job.

:grin:

3 Likes

There is a mobile version of FL studio.
And i wouldnt spend so much on a jacket.

1 Like

Buy a new computer! And get a coat out of a charity shop! :smiley:

Im not big on clothes myself - i always buy second hand cos im tight.

1 Like

Can’t say but for us asians over here we don’t need coats so I will go for the computer.

1 Like

Kill two birds with one stone, buy a computer coat!

2 Likes

MacBook. Cause you might use it everyday.

13 yo computer works but - there’s been alot of advances that make a new machine a pleasure to use.

1 Like

Lol that was the year I was born!!!

1 Like

Buying a computer just to play around with a few softwares seems like a total waste to me. I’d definitely prioritize a computer over a coat myself, but not for that. But you do you.

3 Likes

Lol everyone from cold climates being like “Nah I would never buy an expensive coat”

4 Likes

It is no longer true that MacBooks are the better choice for design softwares like Photoshop and such.
In the early 00’s, Macs were the best choice.
But now, you can get an equally good Windows pc for half the price.

If I had to choose, I would get a new coat.

But most likely, I would see if I could find cheaper options so I could have a computer AND a coat.

2 Likes

“Mild” weather here is slightly above freezing. This gives the impression that the temperature won’t hurt you. It encourages you to go outside.

“Refreshing” weather is anything below freezing. From ■■■■■ it’s cold” to “probably dangerous”. It’s not because the temperature feels good, but because it forces you to stay awake, which is good.

You can choose to buy an expensive coat, but you will be refreshed. It is not a choice. And you will enjoy it.

1 Like

It was like -12c here the other week and I just use a coat my gfs friend gave me lol.
Free stuff :star_struck:

1 Like

This was 89 I believe.

1 Like

This is the jacket I have:

My wife got it for around $75. It’s good down to a -40C with a -52C wind chill so far. (Mine is blue.)

1 Like

I don’t know that I have intentionally bought a coat since 2012. They just keep showing up because people leave them here on accident, or they’re cleaning their closets and getting rid of coats that no longer fit, or they just spontaneously appear in the coat closet or something. My current winter coat is the one my oldest child left behind when they moved to a warmer climate.

I have a MacBook Air M1 and hardly used it since I got it last Feb. A coat is more practical.

1 Like

OP

Didn’t you say at one point you were interested in fishing? If so maybe get yourself a cool float tube, some flippers, and a fly rod and hit the lakes. That’s my plan this spring.

A super expensive coat that doesn’t look warm and a laptop you may use very little doesn’t seem like a wise investment.

But take a Skunk’s advice with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I already have all the fishing gear I need. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good bud.

So get what you want. I don’t think you need to be influenced by a bunch of anonymous people on the internet.

My guess is that you already know what you want. So if you like something then get it. Life is short anyways.

:innocent:

3 Likes