Business idea

Just started experimenting with calligraphy. Really want to get into it more. Going to do three month course. Want to work for myself as calligrapher. Does everyone think it’s a good idea?

3 Likes

Yes go for it !!! You can do it !

2 Likes

If you can afford the course,I think it sounds like a good idea regardless of if you start a business or not. Learning a new skill is valuable just for the fun of learning new things and the ability to do something new.

If you want to start a business, I would suggest asking other professional calligraphers near you what their pay and hours are like, to decide whether you want that kind of life for yourself.

3 Likes

I know someone who does this and has some laser machine in her garage where she burns or marks wood/metal etc and creates personalised items for people

3 Likes

I think they charge per item instead of hour if working for self. Like you could charge a certain amount for a family tree.

2 Likes

Cool I’ve done family trees engravings in wood before. Never calligraphy.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s up your alley

She sells on a site called Etsy I think, and uses facebook. Not sure if she makes enough money to live.

Must be making some as she lives in a nice house with a kid and husband.

1 Like

This is my first attempt

2 Likes

You seem to have the Knack of it. A little practice, and I think you’ll be brilliant

2 Likes

My mom does calligraphy and it’s beautiful. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks dccragg65. That’s nice of you to say that.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks Pianogal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.