Bupropion Wellbutrin

Wellbutrin is still working for me to this day, been on it almost 4 years, still 150 mg XL. But the only negative symptom it really helps is motivation. Everybody is different obviously, from people’s experiences I’ve read on this forum, if I’d have to take a guess then at least half of people who tried it went psychotic on it.

I’ve been on Wellbutrin for years. I recently had my dose doubled from 100 mg X 2 daily to 200 mg x 2 daily. I was a little spooky for a little while when they doubled my dose, but that went away. I can’t really notice any effect from the Wellbutrin unless I don’t get it.

Wellbutrin made me gain five lbs i dont like to gain anyweight regardless of what the meds doing

I have not tried it cuz of history of seizures. Since it increases dopamine, it may make your preexisting psychosis worse.

I have tried another antidepressant called zoloft(sertraline) and it made my psychosis worse.

Just as a general rule of thumb, I would advice you to avoid any drug which increases dopamine.

Why not max 450mg you can get more effect don’t you think

The only side-effect I have from it is tinnitus, but it’s quite bad. I have taken 300 before for one day and it went way worse to the point it was distracting from music and other stuff, so it’s not really an option. I’m mostly functional but more motivation wouldn’t hurt either.

I’ve been on Wellbutrin for many years. The dose gets changed from time to time.

Jayster

Hi Jayster How Wellbutrin affect you and off topic how old are you?

I’m 66 years old. I have been taking Wellbutrin for probably greater than a decade.

Incidentally, I stopped smoking a little more than one year ago!

J.

i’ve been on wellbutrin 300 mg for some months. it made my depression vanish. now, i have to deal with the other med i am on and the negative symptom it is causing me. it is cool to have insight to which med is doing what to you.