Bupropion: scared by the side effects, please read

Neeeever read side effects on the internet. Psych meds affect everyone totally differently. Someone else could have a total disaster on the same med that turns out to be your perfect match you get no side effects on. (Like recently I was reading reviews how Lunesta apparently knocks some people out the whole next day after taking it-same exact dose they mentioned doesn’t even make me sleepy!) Also companies are required to list every side effect ever mentioned by anyone in their studies even if only 1 person experienced it and there was no guarantee the med itself caused it.

I was on bupropion and it did absolutely nothing for example. Really nothing. No side effects, but also did nothing for my symptoms either, may as well have been taking sugar pills. But you could have a totally different experience.

1 Like

I like it and hate it. I definitely notice more motivation on it, but also more irritated. When I don’t take it I can tell how lazy I am. I wouldn’t recommend for someone who is sensitive to caffeine…

I am currently on 300mg a day (taken in morning.) my psychiatrist recomends i move to 450mg/day
I used to take it at night but it would keep me up late.
No side effects so far aside from me being more chatty

side effects depend on individual. drug might be right for me might be nightmare for you. Be aware of side effects but do not think all of them would happen to you as well. In the end you have to choose the lesser evil.