Bupropion: scared by the side effects, please read

Hello community, I have been prescribed bupropion 150mg for 7 days and then 2 times a day for 150mg for 3 months.

I am scared of the side effects that I read on the internet, I want to know if someone uses it or knows something about the medication

I have been using it since 2009. I have taken 100mg to 300mg. No side effects

1 Like

I had a bad reaction to it when I tried it. I became suicidal. But it was obvious and pretty quick. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if it’s not for you. If not, then there are plenty of other antidepressants you can try. Sometimes you have to try a few before you find the one that works with your chemistry. I’m taking Zoloft and I’m as pleased as punch. It’s like the 10th one I’ve tried. lol 10th times a charm. Just pay attention to your body and report any side effects to your pdoc and you’ll be ok.

2 Likes

I’ve been taking 200mg for a few months. I have not noticed any side effects however I also haven’t noticed any significant changes in my mood.

I smoke much less now though! Which is fantastic considering I never had any motivation to quit.

2 Likes

That’s weird. Zoloft did nothing for me. Wellbutrin helps but the antipsychotics Latuda helps more.

Everybody is different

2 Likes

It lowers your seizure threshold as it did for me so I got a trip to the ER one day. Please be careful of alcohol consumption if that is your thing. :slight_smile:

the seizures were by mixing alcohol with bupropion or why?

(I’m really scared)

1 Like

Well Wellbutrin lowers the seizure threshold by itself but the night before I drank too much so the psych nurse said that can do it.

No need to be scared as we are all different. Good luck to you. :slight_smile:

Every brain is different. I received no positive or negative effects from buspirone. It was like taking a sugar pill for me. My doctor said it can help combat the sexual side effects of other meds, but it didn’t work for me.

things like these worry me

BlockquoteExcept insomnia, which is also one of the most common, I have suffered a number of the side effects of Zyntabac. The first week, when I was still smoking, I started with slight headaches that were increasing in intensity to the point of taking Gelocatil (and I try to hold on and not take anything) and especially a lot of nervousness. I was not cute because I was smoking, but I was hyperactive.

From the second week I started with nausea and vomiting in the mornings (only a couple of days), dizziness, cold sweats and sometimes palpitations. I also noticed a certain burning of the stomach and very little desire to eat and, above all, a lot of dryness in the mouth. I have noticed this last for weeks and it is very unpleasant

Blockquote

I took bupropion for years, and I never had a problem with side effects. All medications have side effects. Why not give it a try and see if it works for you? If you have issues with it, contact your pdoc and try something else.

2 Likes

I didn’t have any bad side effects from that med.

1 Like

Every single drug, from baby aspirin to Valium, will have horror stories of bad reactions on the internet. Every body is different, and responds to drugs in different ways. Bring up your concerns with your doctor, but don’t let a few online horror stories scare you.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that med but I’ve been afraid of meds for years. I’ve learned that you usually don’t get hardly any side effects so try not to worry. Try it out you can always stop.

1 Like

I took Wellbutrin while pregnant. Dr said it was ok. Now my son has speech problems.

My son has speech has problems, and I didn’t so much as take a Tylenol during my pregnancy.

This could be unrelated. Some people just have speech problems.

@Happy_H. @valiumprincess. Thanks.

someone else wants to give their opinion or tell their experience with bupropion

Never liked Wellbutrin. Even though taking one in the morning kinda revs you up, it’s a psychostimulant and I have no idea why they prescribe these to people with SZ/SZA.