Bumping up old topics

I wondered what’s a suitable length of time suitable for bumping up old topics? ie One is posted Nov 2013. Is it suitable for me to make a comment and bump that right up to the top of the forum again? I’m just going through the archives so thought I’d ask.

I can’t see any problems with that if you have something to add in the old thread. Sometimes it is good to bump up an old subject and continue the discussion than making a new similar thread. Because then you can see the old answers and how ppl thought at that time. That’s how I see it.

1 Like

It comes up with stuff like this…

Revive this topic?
The last reply to this topic is now over 276 days old. Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.
Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

…Stuff like this intimidates the hell out of me on this site.

1 Like

What topic do you want to revive?

Only one so far but still in Dec 2013.

We have no problem if you want to bump up old topics - thats just a software message the engineers put in there - its now what we have put in there at this forum - so please bump up any topics you like.

3 Likes

I sort of like seeing old topics come back. It sparks the conversation.

I’m just the opposite from @Dreamscape

I start to make a thread and that little blue box comes up and says… Your topic is similar to these other previous threads…

Then I feel I should bump up an old thread rather then start yet another one.

1 Like