Browsing online job postings

… and it is so depressing. I just browsed through the first 300 jobs listed on Indeed for my area. There was hardly anything there for me. Of those 300 jobs I found 8 that I might apply to. I will probably browse another 200 jobs and be done with that particular site. I still have to check out CareerBuilder and Monster, maybe HotJobs if it still exists, though there often are duplicate postings among the various job boards. I don’t know. I just want to cry right now. Life is ■■■■. :cry:

Sorry to be a downer, and sorry if I sound like some kind of broken record, talking about needing a job. I just have this thing against losing my apartment and car, it doesn’t appeal to me at all. :cry:

6 Likes

we are all a bit of a broken record. That is my nickname actually.

I use Indeed.ca mainly for jobs. And just search keywords.

You can do a bunch of different things, even client servicing for certain companies.

Good luck, you can do this! stay positive.

3 Likes

Have you tried sending your resume to recruitment agencies?

3 Likes

No, haven’t tried anything like that yet. Until today I had really been hoping to hear back from the job I applied to. I really thought I would hear back from them. When I called there Friday, the lady said she would note that I had called, and that they would be calling people for interviews this week. Here we are, halfway through the workday on Tuesday, and still no call. Doesn’t look good for that job.

1 Like

My dad applied to a hundred jobs and got 3 call backs and one offer. It can happen.

1 Like

The foundry people probably haven’t gotten to making those calls yet,

I imagine some grumpy lady putting it off until the last minute.

So maybe don’t write it off just yet.

And I agree with @everhopeful, you should contact a recruiter,

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t, but it may be a comfort to know you have someone else out there trying to find a match for you.

Finding a job is difficult and pretty hurtful, I always take the rejection so personally, even though I know its not.

You only need it to work out once, so just keep applying, like dating, its a numbers game.

Get your resume in freaking everywhere, then see what happens.

2 Likes

Indeed isn’t the only place to look for jobs. I had better luck going to employment agencies and asking around the government. Also I think different jobs come up if you type keywords. Good luck. I was able to get many interviews in a month.

1 Like

Good luck @freakonaleash. Job hunting is a pain in the ass for everybody. It’s easy to get discouraged. But your next job could be right around the corner.

Yeah, I have a weird thing too about not wanting to starve and ending up living on the streets. It’s just a little quirk of mine.