Broke down at work

I can’t believe I did this to myself

What happened ish?

1 Like

:anguished: everything okay?

1 Like

You didn’t do anything to yourself. You have a mental illness and you’re under a lot of stress right now. It’s amazing you’re working at all.

1 Like

I told my colleague you realise this isn’t me right ? And then I broke down. I’ve been crying there is the toilets for days I can’t keep going like this

This is like my first ep all over

Can’t you take a few days off?

I took a week off last week I’m in a temp job

Can you talk to your boss, say you’re depressed?

I have. Tomorrow I’m going for a med review

2 Likes

Alright… Good luck with that. Try and take deep breaths if you want to cry and remember puppies!

2 Likes

you might get some bloodwork done…my thyroid doesn’t produce enough and before I found out what was wrong with my thyroid I cried all the time, especially at work…good luck.

3 Likes

Funny you say that as I was crying on the way home a dog came right up to me almost like it sensed something off.

2 Likes

My thyroid has always been normal. I used to cry like this six years ago right in the middle of an ep. This is not that intense but it’s not feeling good

I just want to wish you well, ish.

3 Likes

@anon80629714 - You are under a lot more stress.

It is “normal” for you to feel out of sorts, it seems like you are cycling a bit.

You have to take care of yourself a lot more, or you could suffer a complete break.

Can you take some time off from work for a while?

I wish you the best :sunny:

1 Like

i asked my gp she said its just anxiety high anxiety she said it can’t be mania my speech is normal. but i feel otherwise.

No but you can be cycling down, between anxiety/hypomania and depression.

I cycle all of the time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take what a gp says as gospel. In my experience they are just about able to identify really barn door forms of mental illness: I mean like textbook, caricature examples. They seem to miss more subtle and complex stuff.

Take for instance one time I went in for some help with my negative symptoms. The doc looked at me and said ‘you don’t look like you have negative symptoms’. Go ■■■■■■■ figure.

In my eyes you have been having a real hard time for a while. Ignore your gp and get a proper review. In my opinion your symptoms could easily be hypomania.

2 Likes

I happen to agree

2 Likes