Broke ain't no joke

Dont have any money for my cat’s dry mix. I fed her her meat, half a bagel with cream cheese and bacon and a waffle. I Hope’s she’s full for tonight.

2 Likes

Next time just do meat. Cats are obligate carnivores so anything other than meat just passes through or might get hung up. Once shouldn’t hurt, i mean ferrets are too but mine like a froot loop sometimes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine eats anything she sees me eating, like my dog. But I’ll keep that in mind, thanks @ZombieMombie.

An animal shelter in my area runs a pet pantry program that distributes free dog and cat food to owners who are struggling financially.

Maybe there’s something like that around you?

7 Likes

I’ll look that up @anon1517417, thanks.

Can I feed her my dog’s dry mix? Is that safe?

1 Like

I don’t think your cat will get sick from eating it, but cats have different nutritional needs than dogs. Dog food and cat food are formulated differently and are not interchangeable. A cat eating a diet of nothing but dog food would be nutritionally deficient and likely to get ill.

4 Likes

Maybe once or twice in a pinch. But it isn’t save to feed a cat dog food regularly. You can Google this, and I remember from 15 years ago when Mother kept cats that it wasn’t good.

2 Likes

She’s got some meat left, plus i got some ground beef left which I could cook up for her the next few days. Thanks again @anon1517417 and @ElGato

1 Like

Can you go to a food pantry and ask for some tuna? I’ve got a stock of tuna put aside for times like this.

1 Like

@ZombieMombie You think tunas better than ground beef?

I’ll go tomorrow if anything. It’s close to midnight here now.

Cats aren’t supposed to have milk anyway. That cats love milk is an old wives tale that got disproved years ago. I think it gives them diarrhea.

4 Likes

Do you have any tuna?

1 Like

I dont @FatMama. I have 2 cans of her chicken and gravy meat.

1 Like

My cat definitely loves milk, but it doesn’t love her back. Gives her the scoots.

1 Like

When you getpaid again WalMart sells 44 pound bags of Outdoor cat food for $20. It says outdoor but is good fpr any cat. Indoor food just had added greens that cats don’t even need.

2 Likes

That’s perfect, because my cat practically lives outdoors. She only comes home to eat and maybe snuggle a little.

Sorry mate - But if you got responsibility for a cat - you should always have enough food in for them. Or dont have one.

My cat is 15 years old and was a gift to me by my late grand mother. Not a cool thing to say to anyone man.

Doesnt mean you should feed it bagels cos your too skint to buy it proper cat food. Its food should be a priority in your budgeting if you care for it that much.

1 Like

I hear you. Long time ago when i was struggling financially, i fed my cat satay rice. He ate half of it, without any issue, but i made sure the next meal i gave him was his normal cat food. If you can, give her meat only. Sorry to hear you’re struggling. Hope you get on your feet soon.