Broadcast and podcast support thread

I managed to map all buttons on to potato :slight_smile: yeehaaa :slight_smile: i’m actually still a big newb no matter what i do lol but that is a result,

I just ordered a usb hub as well and i’m thinking about connecting up my keyboard :slight_smile:

Hi @shutterbug hope your well, My set up is now coming together (its not perfect but its getting to a good place, my bluetooth works now and my midimix is all mapped (although i may need to tweak it a little,

I also got the mixpad and wavepad software which cost £108 but i think it will be worth it in the long run and i did a trial of it first and thought it was very user friendly, nice walk through on the tutorial videos and simple interface with everything quite easy to find. I was using it like 1-3am this morning

I just need a usb-usb cable to connect my cd/cassette player and hopefully get my dab radio working (signal issues) but dab should work through the internet.

I would like to project my screen onto my spare computer so i have 2 screens but idk if that will work. i think windows 10 has a lot more options for things like that now.

Lookin’ good! Hope you’re enjoying yourself.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm.

I Personally Never Got Into Podcast Theater.

I Think Long Ago, Long Long Long Ago. I Watched Some Of Joe Rogan Video’s On YouTube.

Not Really Sure If That’s Considered Podcasting. But!, He Has Some Pretty Good Shows.

With Some Interesting Guests.

Later Down The Road If I Remember Correctly, Alanis Morissette Recorded Some Shows.

Mostly Educational, Perhaps Psychological Items. Can’t Really Remember.

But!, I Wasn’t Too Fond Of Her Guests.

Quick Cool Story:::~ When I Discovered Her Google Plus Page, Many Moons Back, I Gave Miley Cyrus An Artistic Compliment And Alanis Responded To Me.

MY FIRST EVER CELEBRITY CONNECTION.

And Then I Posted My Phone Number And She Called Me. And Flew Me Out To Her Mansion. And She Gave Me 4 Billion Dollars And Now I Am On A Secret Island In The Bermuda Triangle.

Hmm. Okokok. None Of That Is True. Well…, Except For The Part Where Alanis Spoke To Me.

She Really Did Do That. And I Felt Pretty Cool For A Day!.

Good Luck On All Your Endeavors Gals And Guys. . . . . . .

Selah!.

1 Like

That’s really cool @ATARI you could have been a star right there, for what its worth i have spoken to a couple of celebrities, i also so a famous singer walk past as i was driving, she stays nearby :slight_smile:

@shutterbug I am waiting on a usb-usb cable to connect my boombox :slight_smile: i am hoping that my cd/cassette will go through usb to my desktop, my boombox also has an aux in cable which i thought may allow a phone to connect, i tried the phone in it and it worked so thought the audio could go through my desktop through the usb (guessing) i tried connecting my ps4 up aswell through bluetooth but it didnt work but i am sure it may be possible lol.

I attended a live stream facebook planning group tonight and it was ok, i am pro mixcloud, i would like to garner a following and try to monetise there with live streams, another guy mentioned twitch and then the youtube/fb, and zoom, i mentioned obs, they said it would only work with the radio station laptop though but idk anything about that just that they hold all the licenses.

Hey @shutterbug I ordered that berhinger thing for my boombox and looking forward to getting it,

Do you know much about live streaming, I think our station is going to stream our shows live from zoom, not sure how it’ll work.

Yes and no. I have helped my wife do it for her classes, but it’s very problematic with copyrighted music if you want to run the stream through Facebook. Their monitoring software usually immediately finds the copyright content and kills your stream. OBS is the king for the software. Most of the people who I know are doing this are doing it through their own sites and avoiding social media where their livestreams get whacked by overzealous censors.

I have no interest in doing this for my own station. I feel radio should be heard, not seen.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying, I was wondering why anyone would want to watch a bunch of dj’s like myself bob along and play music, i thinkit could make it very boring unless there is something entertaining about it other than just me and the music, idk what i could do,

I thought it might be cool to play something from each of my devices like, show people i am using a record player/cassette tape and cd, bc these things are a bit different and not widely used, other than that, a virtual video background of some sort :).

Can you guys pm me your podcast pages? I would like to check them out.

1 Like

I worry about sharing my shows on this site @Rabbit_Farmer (no offense)

@shutterbug i am still getting shocks from my equipment :frowning: its making me worried about touching my stuff :frowning: i sprayed my place with Fabric softner.

You’ll probably have to look at anti-static mats and perhaps also a grounding wrist strap.

1 Like

I think its my rubber soled slippers :frowning: idk i might need to try a better pair of slippers and they were made in China just like virtually everything these days,

My boiler has been on a lot more recently too which will dry out the humidity and that may cause an imbalance, also not sure if the dryer helps but i did use fabric conditioner but it was scented.

hey Man, i looked for a free radio scheduler software and found radiodj, just trying to get the sucker to work now :frowning: I’ve installed mysql thing but its not running according to radiodj idk i’ll have to look at a youtube thing or something

Don’t use MySQL, use MariaDB instead. Less resources, faster, more stable.

2 Likes

I got it running now so i’ll try that first, just need to find music for it now, idk if i can use spotify with it.

man this seems like a lot of work :frowning: i need to upload a playlist and arrange my arrangements, its went from an hour or 2 show to wanting to do it all day. i need to record most of the music as i havent got the money for multiple downloads

You can’t use Spotify for anything broadcast related, it violates their licensing agreement. You should be using music you’ve purchased. It needs to exist on your own system so you can import it into the software.

1 Like

I Have a shitload off music already so i’ll use what i have and bandcamp for newer songs i think

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.