British humor

Hey,

Some radio, tv show, books, and so on, here, often speak of English humor.
Is English humor really specific or is it a “legend”? Is north America humor different ?

I reckon we have some of the best comedians in the world. I think when people mention British humor though, they are probably talking about it in a Monty Python sense.

5 Likes

Of course :smiley:
I love Monty Python

3 Likes

My favourite British comedian is Jimmy Carr. You should check him out hes hilarious.

1 Like

I watched a parody of Theresa May with Gollum actor (about brexit.)
It was hilarious.

1 Like

Yeah it was pretty funny. I don’t think that guy is a comedian though, he was just having a laugh.

1 Like

I don’t know him… Never seen in France.
But we know lot of British actors. For example, GOT has put forward quite a few English actors.

1 Like

Hes a voice actor. Hes actually the guy that played him, his name is Andy Serkis.

1 Like

Yes I know ! He’s very talented.

1 Like

I thought you were talking about the gollum actor, sorry

1 Like

Oh, I get confused with cross posts. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes. We get both English and American tv and movies etc and there are differences for sure.

1 Like

British humor books changed my life as a teenager. Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, I think humour is pretty universal, if it is funny i will laugh, i think we are part monkey and monkeys laugh all the time (i think)

1 Like

Hey,

I’m not sure, because humor depends of cultures.
Most of countries even have sub cultures and inside a same country, humor can be different. Am I right?

I misread British humour as brain tumour…

Ummm I like some British humour like little Britain some of that like the elderly lady and the prime minister’s assistant but I don’t have much patience for stand up comedy at alllllll

2 Likes

When I think of British humor I think of old shows like Benny Hill or Monty Python.

1 Like

Still game is pretty funny, and Father Ted, but i dont watch enough comedy, i try and make my own though, me and my pal are constantly trying to crack the best jokes with each other.

1 Like

There was this old humorous adventure game for the original Playstation called Terry Pratchett’s Discworld. I had a lot of fun on that one.

1 Like

Also, I think American humor is more sitcoms and films where British humor is more stand up and gameshows.

1 Like