Brewer's yeast

Hello, has anyone here tried this supplement and does it interact with antipsychotics? I couldn’t find any info on wheter it interferes with APs.

1 Like

Medications for depression (MAOIs) interacts with BREWER’S YEAST

Brewer’s yeast contains a chemical called tyramine. Large amounts of tyramine can cause high blood pressure. But the body naturally breaks down tyramine to get rid of it. This usually prevents the tyramine from causing high blood pressure. Some medications used for depression stop the body from breaking down tyramine. This can cause too much tyramine in the body and dangerously high blood pressure.

Some of these medications used for depression include phenelzine (Nardil), tranylcypromine (Parnate), and others.

2 Likes

Better off with nutritional yeast. Brewers yeast tastes fowl. Nutritional yeast has a cheesy kind of flavour, while brewers yeast tastes aweful and upsets some people’s stomach.

1 Like

Also brewers yeast can be dangerous for some people. Try nutritional yeast, it’s better

1 Like

I take APs, not antidepressants

1 Like

Don’t know about Brewer’s yeast, but I will say this.
I asked a psychiatrist about taking supplements once and his advice was to avoid the and only take meds that had been approved by the FDA.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.