Break Time

This forum is starting to weigh me down…a lot of you have issues that I’ve put behind me.

Good luck! :sunny:

2 Likes

I have been wondering lately what I am doing on this forum as well.

…just get a heartache every now and then when I come here…and I feel I have to duck out for a spell.

You’re one of my faves @martinhersey1.

I’m quite high functioning when med compliant like I am now. Just feel like I don’t really belong here these days.

1 Like

I don’t say much on your posts, but I think a lot of people get a kick out of you and enjoy your humor. This particular post, while honest, strikes me as an unnecessary put-down, which isn’t your usual MO. I hope you really are well and feeling good. If you take a break, I wish you well. I believe a lot of people will miss your lightheartedness though.

3 Likes

I know the feeling. Fare thee well and know that we’re keeping the coffee on for you. We will have a cup ready if and when you need us.

3 Likes

Polite disagreement. I have a lot of reasons to be positive, but I’m someone who gravitates to the negative. I find that spending too much time in this community drags me down. My family has noticed, too. Seriously considering walking away and creating a site that is strictly for high-functioning SZs and with a very tight recovery focus.

Actually I’ve figured out the best path for myself as well but I’m aware that it may not remain that way. So I guess I’ll remain on here.

I didn’t mean to ruffle anybody’s feathers…

Just because I feel I’m doing better, doesn’t mean I feel superior to any of you.

When I believe the forum is doing more harm to my mental recovery than good, I take a step back. I’ve done this before. Hell, I could change my mind overnight and be back here posting tomorrow.

I still think I’m more on the Bipolar spectrum than the Sz plane.

1 Like

@Erratica

Your posts have never bothered me one bit. I told ya before, I think you’re a bright, sassy, humorous intellectual person.

I’m taking a break for a number of reasons, and you’re not one of them.

2 Likes

To be honest I have considered leaving too, more than once. Sometimes the negativity kind of dampens my spirits but that is not often. People tell me I help them. Well, you guys returned the favor and helped me get my life back. But sometimes the sheer number of people who are suffering is overwhelming. You can’t help everyone. And trying to help people in certain situations is so futile and that makes me sad and frustrated.

I have great empathy for most people here. It makes sad to continually hear the stories of bright, decent, industrious people who were brought down by this stupid disease. I have learned a lot from you people. I’ve learned about life and I’ve learned about myself here. I’ve learned a lot about the indomitable human spirit on here, of people who are survivors. I should probably take a break to, but for now, I’m staying.

3 Likes

And you have some issues that some people here have put behind them, like going off your meds and making a show of it on the forum, while we all watch @Minnii try to talk some sense into you. Check your grandiosity man. It makes sense when people need breaks from peer support since yeah there is going to be negative things discussed on a regular basis, but there’s no need to make a public announcement that you’re so ‘above it all’. C’mon dude.

1 Like

If you’re tired of your posts being deleted, stop deleting them. I went through your posting history to the beginning of this year and here’s what I found: 54 deleted posts and 1 hidden post.

• 1 post deleted by Pixel on Feb 5/16
  • 1 post deleted by SzAdmin on Jan 1/16
  • 1 post hidden by system due to multiple flags on Jan 1/16
  • 52 posts removed by the user @Erratica since Jan 1/16.

If you want to delete your posts because you’re unhappy with them, that’s your business. Just don’t blame it on me. BTW, in that same period I’ve had more posts removed by @SzAdmin than you have. We all have bad days.

You sure you want me to answer that? :stuck_out_tongue:

I get that feeling too man. Sometimes this is a reminder of past experiences that should only be recalled within our own natural psyches and not ever present reminders.

Not much can be done though.

We’ll be waiting for you to come back.

You’re a good voice amongst the negativity here. The negativity is unavoidable and does belong here. Recently though you, @minnii, and @apathy have been pulling a lot of weight in keeping things light-heart-ed.

Take care man. :v:

1 Like