Brand new piano piece

My teacher didn’t pass me on “Minuet in G”, by Christian Pretzold. So, I have to work on that for another week. But he did pass me on “Soldier’s Joy”. He assigned me a new piece: “Toreador Song from Carmen”, by George Bizet. This song is in the Alfred’s Basic Adult Piano Course Level 3. He also assigned me new Czerny exercises.

7 Likes

I have the suspicion that your teacher gives you simplistic pieces that would suit better for kids or teenagers. No?

1 Like

That one I don’t know. The book I work out of is expressly for adults so, figure it out.

1 Like

I’m a pianist and can verify she’s not being given children’s pieces. And by the way, saying that was pretty mean

2 Likes

Thank you for coming to my defense, @ZmaGal. That was nice of you.

1 Like

Of course! And I mean it, they’re not children’s songs. You’re doing well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mean? It wasn’t mean. It was an innocent question

1 Like

I’m glad you didn’t mean to be mean. But asking an adult if they’re just playing kids songs will hurt their feelings and it takes away from all they’ve accomplished. But you say you didn’t mean it that way so I believe you.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t express my thought properly.
It was mean towards the teacher not the dear forum user

2 Likes

Oh I see. Well thanks for the explanation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Om_Sadasiva, @ZmaGal, Well, I got to admit that the titles of some of the pieces sound kind of childish: Toreadors Song (Bullfighters Song), Soldier’s Joy, etc… But they are all found in my adult songbook. I swear. And later intermediate songbook too. I’m on the 3rd and last workbook for adults.

2 Likes

They’re still not children’s songs. Even children don’t play all children’s songs. They often play easier versions of classical pieces. But the adult book you’re playing out of is specifically geared towards adults so don’t worry about it

1 Like

Keep on learning and playing new material @SkinnyMe.
Proud of you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.