Brand new business client

I do some freelance work as a computer technician and I just got back from working for a new small business client. I wasn’t there more than about 10 minutes and got their issue resolved, they were very happy. So everything went well and the owner said she will call me again if she needs help. Always good to nab new clients and more business.

I only charged her $30.00 because it was quick and easy and they are located only about 10 minutes from my house so travel costs (gas) is almost nothing. She was happy to pay it, so that equates to $180/hour, not too shabby. She “may” want a website so I might get a new project soon.

6 Likes

Just an FYI to anyone interested in freelancing or starting their own business. There are sometimes where you have to do work without getting paid.

A client just called me up, gave me his credit card info and asked me to log into his domain name provider’s website and renew his domain name for his website. It’s not a big deal or a lot of work but I don’t get paid for it.

But these little “sacrifices” are worth it, you have to maintain a good relationship with your clients because it guarantees repeat business on the bigger jobs where you do get paid…

So awesome, glad to hear this.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Back when I did property maintenance
I did a job once for 1500 and halfway through it that day I could tell the client was going to be a royal pain in the ass and he would never be happy ,so I told my guy to just pack everything up and we were leaving and I was charging the client nothing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I preferred to make it back on the next client that’s easy to deal with.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.