Braces reviews?

My dentist says I need braces to correct my overbite. He says that’s why my molars keep getting chipped/broken. Who here has had Invisalign? How about Candid? Traditional braces? Give me your reviews of each. I need to decide which kind I will get. My dental insurance is pretty baller, so cost won’t really be an issue.

My daughter wore regular silver braces for 5 years. The metal rods would pop out and dig into her gums. It was awful. My stepdaughter has Invisalign. When she gets each new tray her teeth hurt for a few days and that’s it - no bleeding, cut up mouth. The catch is you have to qualify for Invisalign. But if you can get it, I highly recommend Invisalign

1 Like

I had traditional braces for three years,

Also for overbite, and some crooked/spaced teeth.

It wasn’t bad,

A little painful when they first go on,

And then every month when you go in to get the bands replaced.

The worst part about them was being a middle schooler with braces and glasses.

1 Like

I had braces as a kid, 4-5 years. They hurt, they dug into my gums, poked me, the rubber bands to correct my overbite make my jaw ache. They annoyed me when a bracket would break and I’d have to go in. The food restrictions.

All of that being said, it was worth it, not having the self esteem issues every time I smiled. Feeling more comfortable about how I look. That was helpful to me.

1 Like

Ahem. The topic of this thread is BRACES

I had braces when I was a teen, and I boxed at the same time. My mouth guard only covered halfway up my teeth and the braces would dig in and cut my lips when I would get punched. You could see gashes on the inside of my upper lip after going a few rounds in the ring.

I do recommend traditional braces, I just dont recommend boxing with them.

1 Like

Oh sorry I just saw this thread is about braces, I have this really good brace for my back… I’m not sure how well it would fit on teeth, though.

1 Like

I had braces as a teen.

My teeth were so so bad lol.

Im happy now I got braces !

Wishing u luck !

Hahaha I chuckled! That post was in reference to some deleted posts.

Overbite as in Freddie Mercury overbite?

Hopefully you can get something good for you. Best wishes.

1 Like

After reading loads of reviews and price comparing, I’ve decided to go with Byte mail order invisible aligners. I will let you all know how it goes!

3 Likes

Good for you ninja!

1 Like

Update: I went with smile direct club after all. They have more offices actually established. I am on day one wearing my invisible braces. They’re more comfy than I thought they would be. I grind my teeth, and it’s nice not to actually be hitting my teeth together right now.

3 Likes

I quit wearing my retainer and the teeth went right back to what they were before braces. Habits of tongue movement and such affected it.

1 Like

My teeth were so bad. Braces helped me so much.

I had them for 2 years i think. Between 15 and 17 i think !

1 Like

So far the braces make my teeth ache, from the pressure of being moved. But other than that, they’re not bad. I keep chewing on them as though I’ve got gum in my mouth. Good thing I change trays every week or two, I doubt they’ll last.

I have porcelain braces because I wasn’t a candidate for Invisalign. They suck, and if I had known better, I would have gotten traditional metal braces. They are always coming unglued. I’m told they don’t stick as well as metal. It would have saved me a considerable amount of cash, too, but if that isn’t an issue, and you want to go for something discreet that isn’t Invisalign, they may be worth your while.

1 Like

Sorry, @Ninjastar. I only read about half of the thread and see you already chose a type. I envy you; I wanted Invisalign so bad (Smile Direct would have worked, too), but I had to have two teeth exposed in the roof of my mouth, and they are pulling them down with chains. So no clear aligners for me.

1 Like

Update: week two

This week’s aligners are much less comfortable than last week’s. I think last week was about getting used to wearing them and this week we are actually starting on straightening. I can feel it starting to correct my overbite and it’s not super great. But I’m hopeful.

3 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like braces, low slow ache for in my case almost four years.

They suck, but I’ve got more confidence since getting them off

Wishing you some relief! Can you take an OTC?

Ps, how long is your course?

1 Like