Bowel movement question

Is there a way to have firmer and fewer bowl movements?
I have several a day and they’re all pretty loose.
My arsehole burns, lol.

Sorry for the gross topic, but it really bugs me

1 Like

My husband had a similar problem and started taking a fiber supplement.

It sounds counter intuitive, but it worked.

He only goes like once or twice a day now.

4 Likes

Mentioning that jogged my memory.
Many moons ago, I was diagnosed with IBS and put on a dietary supplement called Husk, which was some fibrous plant material/powder.

It’s expensive, but a box lasts long.

Thank you for reminding me!

6 Likes

I only go once every two days and sometimes three. Is that normal?

1 Like

@Pikasaur. I have IBS as well. I agree with @anon54386108 that adding fiber is helpful.

If the loose stools persist, check with your GP doctor just to get it checked out.

Good luck!

Could you possibly have ‘dumping syndrome’? I have this ever since I had my gallbladder taken out. Everything I eat comes out of me so quickly. I’m not even digesting properly. I eat and run to the bathroom.

1 Like

@Cici2 This is a little off topic, but the German word for diarrhea is Durchfall which literally means “Through fall”. The term “dumping syndrome” made me think of that for some reason.

2 Likes

I’ve considered being tested for Chron’s, as two of my siblings have it. But I’m scacred of the endoscopy.

2 Likes

Having an endoscopy, while a little uncomfortable, isn’t too bad.

I felt a little cramping when I had one. The Dr doing the endoscopy kept saying “look at the computer monitor” cause he was apparently wanting to explain to me in detail what he was doing while viewing the real-time images from the endoscope. It was kinda funny–this Dr was fresh outta med school and very excited about his job. I, on the other hand, was not quite as excited. :smile:

3 Likes

What you eat (or how often you eat) plays a part in your bowel movement. Some foods are constipating, some can have the opposite effect. A good diet should help your digestion.

What you put in, influences what comes out.

5 Likes

Oh yes, Ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch…lol I hate having dumping syndrome though. It means I can’t go out to eat at restaurants. Which sucks, because I love Olive Garden.

2 Likes

My ex husband was like that and so was his grandmother. Did you ask your doctor? My ex was also Irish btw. I’m not saying all Irish people can’t poop right. idk what I’m saying. I mean when my ex went he really went but

1 Like

Haha :joy:

1 Like

I’m worried il get bowel cancer. My dad died of it

2 Likes

@anon47167357 Talk with your general doctor about your concerns. If there is a history of bowel cancer in your immediate family, the screening protocol is typically different. For example, they might recommend a colonoscopy at an earlier age than would typically be done.

2 Likes

If you have bowel cancer, there would be other signs, like blood in stool, cramping, strange bloodwork, etc. due to science, they are able to detect it sooner. For real see your doctor. I hope it’s nothing serious. I’m in my thirties and have had two colonoscopy by now. They’ll check you out. Try not to worry.

1 Like

Yeah I think I should probably get one, I eat a lot too and it just dosent come out. My stools are real small too, I’m sure it’s all piling up in there. Dangerous.

1 Like

Yah, and i just want to say that it is important to eat veggies and fibrous things and most importantly drink a lot of water. Like straight up water, not soda or coffee. If you are on a diet, then that will also effect your stool. It will be okay. Just check up with GP on a regular basis.

3 Likes

@Pikasaur my step uncle has Chron’s the main part you have to change is you have to take gluten completely out of your life since it can make you have a reaction that can literally kill you if it’s bad enough and you need to talk to your doctor about what else you need because depending how bad it is you could have very lose stool, remember Chron’s is hereditary

@anon47167357

1 Like