Both parents hopsitalized

both my parents are hospitalized my mom from pain due to her ehlers-danlos disease and my dad for his copd, my brother called me and told me he took both my parents into the hospital. I cant be there because I don’t have the gas money. my mother in law had the nerve to say my mom is addicted to pain meds. I know my mother is in pain I don’t need someone saying something so negative about my mom.

I called and talked to my dad, he was out of breath a lot, I felt bad so I told him I would call him later.

Sorry to hear that @cbbrown. I hope both your parents feel better soon.

4 Likes

So sorry cbbrown… that they find themselves in hospital and that you can’t see them

Light a candle, write a letter…I don’t know…

So sorry

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I hope they receive good care and I hope you get to see them soon.

1 Like

I’m sorry you have to deal with this. I hope they can get stabilized soon.

1 Like

I am sorry @cbbrown
I hope that your parents get better soon.
Please hang in there.

1 Like

Oh man @cbbrown I’m so sorry, hope they get well soon.

Best wishes

1 Like

It was a little different for me because my Dad was not as much a part of my life as my Mom. But 4 years ago my Dad announced he had the cancer that eventually killed him at the same time my Mom had organ prolapse surgery. It was not an easy time for me and I would like to extend my sympathies to you. Yes pain can be a real issue for people and not everyone who takes hydrocodone is an addict. I hope they get well soon. I haven’t read enough of your posts to know if you are independent of them but i hope you have a backup plan if you are not.

I am not independent but away from my parents I miss them terribly. my brother is the one dependent on them. I don’t think my brother could make it on his own. I was told my parents both might get out tomorrow. I hope they do. they said they are going to quit smoking but they have made that promise before.

U have me searching “ehler-danlos syndrome” growing old sure sucks doesnt it?:confused:

1 Like

I’ve searched before but I know its hereditary, my brother is probably the one that is going to get it. he already has glaucoma and smokes like damn chimney (my dad’s words not mine)

my mom is getting out of the hospital today, my dad has a procedure scheduled at 1. they are suppose to clean his lungs something like that.

1 Like