Bored but dont feel like doing anything

I know what you mean with the drinking. I was drinking 12 beers a day for 2 months straight. I checked myself into rehab and have been clean for 60 days now. I honestly feel more anxious than ever and still get paranoid once or twice a week. I sleep much better now though. And im able to function.

1 Like

Yeah. I just need someone who takes me seriously. I tell my current doctor the meds arent working and he just does nothing. Its like he doesnt know where to go

3 Likes

I’m glad you are doing better now.

Congratulations on being sober.

1 Like

Thanks! Its a good feeling to be able to say im sober. I have a craving to drink today though. Im fed up with feeling anxious i just want to numb myself with alcohol

2 Likes

But you can resist the urge to drink. I know you can. Hang in there!

Yeah I understand that.

I get anxiety after I take my latuda at dinner time.

I wouldn’t mind some medication to help me in the afternoon time.

I don’t have a psychiatrist only Gp and she doesn’t want to prescribe much.

My doctor prescribed vistaril for the afternoon hours. But it doesnt so much of anything for me. I told him that and he just didnt listen. I see him next week and will once again tell him my anxiety makes living hell for me. In hoping that he will provide me with some relief.

1 Like

Yeah. I just want to drink. I dont have too

1 Like

That’s right. You don’t have to.

But i would LIKE to do it. Just to escape reality. Which is nit a good reason to.

2 Likes

I actually get that. I used to be a drug addict. But I quit 25 years ago. I know it’s hard. But you can do it. You really can.

1 Like

Sometimes I don’t even feel depressed, but I feel like everything is dumb and there’s not a thing in the world I wanna do. I like to solve my Rubix cube and study Jiu-Jitsu, but that doesn’t fill a whole day. I can usually get myself to read the news and play videogames, but I’m bored a lot too.

Yeah. I make a list of things i can do but they all seem pointless when i look at the list. I think its just the negative symptoms of sz.