Anyone here with this dx?
It’s on the table, along with adhd.
I need to find a doc who can actually test me and not make speculations, and the funds to get tested
Yep. Borderline PD you mean. Had it for 20+ years. When i got diagnosed Sz, they downgraded it to BPD “traits”.
Its a crappy diagnosis. And i dont agree with it.
Yes I have borderline
It would be interesting to know how you handle it, treatment and your symtoms
In Denmark they usually treat borderline (all the personality dissorders) with therapy. We learn to recognize the way we think and handle our feelings and relations and to start doing it differently.
Psychosis is on the other hand most likely to be treated with meds.
I went into a Theraputic Community for a year - called the Henderson Hospital. The paitents (or residents as you was called) run the place - and essentially decided who could be admitted. It was a medication free society.
It was all CBT, run by people from the Uk Home Office.
If someone was having a crisis - you would knock 3 times to the “Top 3” residents - where the whole commmunity would get up, even if it was 1am in the morning - and discuss it in the meeting room.
The henderson closed in 1999, but he is the unit that got born outta it.
Unclear or shifting self-image
Is this something you have ?
I understand its crappy its one of the more serious ones
Can somebody tell me the difference between borderline and schizoid personality?
Here you can read about it
I mean I’m aware that it’s sort of all the personality disorder meshed together
- find difficulty forming close relationships with other people
- choose to live your life without interference from others
- prefer to be alone with your own thoughts
- not experience pleasure from many activities
- have little interest in sex or intimacy
- have difficulty relating to or are emotionally cold towards others
That was schizoid
- feel very worried about people abandoning you, and either do anything to stop that happening or push them away
- have very intense emotions that can change quickly (for example, from feeling very happy and confident in the morning to feeling low and sad in the afternoon)
- not have a strong sense of who you are or what you want from life, with your ideas about this changing significantly depending on who you’re with
- find it very hard to make and keep stable relationships or friendships
- act impulsively and do things that could harm you (such as binge eating, using drugs or driving dangerously)
- have [suicidal thoughts]
- feel empty and [lonely] a lot of the time
- get very angry, and [struggle to control your anger]
- struggle to trust other people
- experience other mental health problems alongside BPD, including [anxiety]
This is borderline
Hope it gave you clarity
It is human nature to be aware of our own needs, to express them, and to want others to be aware of our abilities and achievements. These are not bad traits. However, if these thoughts, feelings and behaviours are very extreme and cause problems in relating to others, you may get a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder.
- believe that there are special reasons that make you different, better or more deserving than others
- have fragile self-esteem, so that you rely on others to recognise your worth and your needs
- feel upset if others ignore you and don’t give you what you feel you deserve
- resent other people’s successes
- put your own needs above other people’s, and demand they do too
- be seen as selfish and dismissive or unaware of other people’s needs.
This one is quite interesting
Havent we all been like this sometime?
Hey thanks for the outline…
Would you agree that BPD is an out come of invalidating environment?
I think it can be many outcomes that is one
It’s in my history diagnoses but not current. I have traits though
This is a huge misconception about schizoids. Either we’re hyper sexual, or we have no interest, rarely is it somewhere in between.
…but even if they did, I’m more inclined to live it in my head than want their involvement irl. People are not necessary. They usually think too much of their role in our lives, and we devalue them for it.
I was not formally diagnosed with it but some pdocs said I have traits of it. Eg I tend to self harm.