Books on the neurobiology of schizophrenia?

Good day!
I do course work in biopysics about schizophrenia. I interest bio&math model of schizophrenia, but I can’t find definitive work on the subject. What I should read about it?
Thanks!

Do you actually have schizophrenia, or are you a college student hoping to learn more?

do some internet searches, i think this particular topic still isn’t very well understood. if it was we wouldn’t be using the sam medications today which we used in the '50s…

I am student and hoping to learn more) I study in a technical University, but always interesting neurological diseases, brain’s anatomy, psychiatry and psychology. This is a very strange combination, but nevertheless. So now I am searching textbooks, scientific papers on mathematical and physical models of the clinical and manifestations in brain of schizophrenia.

@SzAdmin
This is a support group for people with psychotic disorders, not a place for you to collect research. Would you go to an AA meeting with a notebook and study everyone there? How do you think they would take it?

1 Like

If you’re interested in research, go to the main website. There is a plethora of resources for you to use there without upsetting anyone.

1 Like

Read about how bad it sucks to have and how unlucky you have to be to inherit it. Also how the medications rob you of what’s left of your sanity by demoralizing the sufferer. Otherwise I applaud your interest in the subject and hope you go on to do great things and possibly discover a cure

Search on http://libgen.io/

on the topic of schizophrenia and you’ll find lots you can download.

2 Likes

This video talks about some of the biological causes:

1 Like