Book idea: "The Phoenix" TW suicide

Im excited guys. I decided to write a book (or if I cant swing it, a short story lol) about a guy who kills himself and is born again as a child and slowly gets back memories of his past life. Here’s the first bit of what I wrote so far:

Pain is a strange concept. It’s one of those things you forget about when it sticks around too long, but you also forget about it when it’s gone. There’s nothing else like it. I know that all too well. I find comfort in pain. It is familiar, like an old friend. And just like an old friend, I’m afraid of losing it. But today that ends. Looking down, I take a deep breath. The city looks beautiful tonight, streams of light illuminate the cloudy sky, millions of souls whisk through the busy streets below. Sitting on the cusp of a ledge, I know there will be no way I can do this on my own. I yearn for someone to push me. I am too comfortable in this misery; it is too cozy—too inviting. I can’t do this on my own, but I must.
Another deep breath. I close my eyes and start counting, like children do to fall asleep at night. This sleep will last forever, though. I can’t help thinking about what she said, about how this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
“Of course it’s ■■■■■■■ temporary.” I say aloud, jolting my eyes open.
“Life is temporary.”
My mind races with thoughts: memories, snippets of conversation, times I laughed with my friends. It was all a façade. I can’t keep pretending, I just can’t. Nothing about my life has been real, from the beginning.
Another deep breath. This one will be my last, I tell myself. I close my eyes again, and, without thinking, let go of the ledge.

Let me know what you think! Good or nah? I know the idea is cool but the execution is what Im worried about lol

5 Likes

Good idea and I like it. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cool idea, I don’t recall hearing of a similar plot which means it is even more unique! Keep me updated!

1 Like

Wow, very powerful! Keep going with it! I added a TW for folks.

1 Like

Sounds like an interesting idea.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Ill keep at it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.