Bombed My Job Interview!

Ok you guys — this was by far the most embarrassed I’ve ever been. They 100% will not be calling me back. With every question it got more and more awkward. I don’t know why I froze up so bad. My answers were a hot mess.

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Trying to re-enter the job world is terrifying!

11 Likes

Take a small dose of an anti anxiety pill before your interview next time. And just prep a little bit on the questions you may be asked

2 Likes

Yeah I did zero prep. I basically went in and winged it. Let this be a lesson learned. If they hire me — there’s still hope in this world.

5 Likes

Yeah, try Googling “most common interview questions”, or something like that. Go over every question and have a good answer for each. But also try not to be robotic, when you’re in the actual interview, trying to recall your answers.

Maybe, as you go over every question in your head, answer it a little differently, each time. Like, same answer, but phrased slightly different each time you practice. So when you get to the actual interview, you’ll be prepared with answers, but you’ll still, hopefully, sound genuine and not robotic.

Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! I’m literally laughing at myself right now because of how ridiculous that went. Like it went so bad that it could’ve been on an SNL skit 100%.

5 Likes

Well done for trying @Summer2

2 Likes

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that the interviewer actually said “am I being pranked or something” while looking around the room. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Hahaha! Oh, jeez. :sweat_smile: At least you see the humor in it.

2 Likes

Oh yes :raised_hands:t2: it was horrific though. Gees if I had taken one propranolol I’d been fine.

3 Likes

Thats what i did for my interview. Took 20mg propranolol. I was still nervous tho lol

2 Likes

That’s funny. Did you see my interview today on the internet? It was by internet meeting and I couldn’t think of anything to say. I feel like everyone saw it because everyone’s laughing.

1 Like

I applied for a few jobs once

At one interview i got totally confused

And thought it was the other one

It went down like a lead balloon

It was embarrassing for everyone

Lol

1 Like

Dang i feel your pain. Sometimes stressful social interactions can be so awkward lol

3 Likes

Don’t worry it’s normal to have some disastrous attempts.

I’m sure you’ll get better and better if you go for more interviews, Summer.

Takes practice.

Don’t give up. Well you know your limits but don’t give up until then :+1: we are rooting for you.

2 Likes

I struggled through ALL my interviews. My last interview, all she asked me was to tell me a little about myself and that’s it. I got the job lol… Keep going!!! The more you do the better you get.

3 Likes

Does that thing even work? I never found it to work.

1 Like

Here is a tip, don’t beat yourself up, learn from that experience. A long time ago I had some bad interviews too. But I noticed I got a lot of similar questions with every interview.

Now that you are at home and relaxed. Think of clever answers to all the questions they asked you. Now that you have thought of some answers, on your next interview when you get some of the same types of questions you’ll have awesome answers ready to go.

1 Like

It works for physical anxiety. I was amazed that it worked for me.

So instead of being a jittery mess your just a mess inside and calm and cool on the outside :smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.