Blood Work Results....low Platelets?

Hi folks,

Only I could arrange to get my annual bloodwork results on my birthday but made the appointment without realizing!

Anyways. Everything pretty good. Liver is great!!! hahah. My only slight abnormality is in my platelets. I’m a bit on the underside of those results. It’s not threatening and I don’t have problems with bleeding but I’m interested in anyone who’se had a similar problem???

I suspect it could be medication related but will do some more bloodwork in 3 months to see if any changes. If you’ve had any probs…I’m on zyprexa and effexor! Any insight is appreciated!

3 Likes

I just checked my last CBC and my platelets were at 141, normal being 140-444. So still within normal, but just barely.

I don’t have any knowledge on the matter, though.

1 Like

Most cool @LED. I’m just under that so it would be interesting to hear others reports! Thanks heaps! I suspect it’s probably due to the meds and the doctor kinda said it might be!

1 Like

For what it’s worth my WBC were a tad high. By like 0.3. so barely at all, not really enough to indicate infection. The doctor said it was probably fine and didn’t follow up on it.

It’s happened like that a few times. My CBC last year they were a little high, too. How were your WBC? Could that be from the meds, too, do you think?

1 Like

I didn’t get my results so can’t check. The low was the only thing though! I’m very happy about that!! Cholesterol was under control but it’s probably more beneficial to stay on the statins.

Thanks for the input. I’ll ask in three months when I go back for more blood work!

1 Like

when I did blood work last year, the result was pretty good with a minor problem of white blood cell count which was a bit low.

1 Like

This is my FBC results, my platelets are quite low as well, must be our medication.

3 Likes

Good brosky…!!!

1 Like

It is amazing you can access to the blood work results online. Not yet available in developing and poor countries. :thinking:

1 Like

Although agranulocytosis as a side effect of clozapine is well known, there is scarcity of data with regard to thrombocytopenia associated with clozapine…(Agranulocytosis is characterized by a lack of a type of essential white blood cell…If you have thrombocytopenia, you don’t have enough platelets in your blood.)

It is common to have low white blood cell with drugs like clozapine. I never heard of low platelets because of clozapine or similar drugs.

I don’t have any insight as to why you have abnormality in platelets count when taking zyprexa and effexor. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.