Bipolar Wife Struggling

Ever since my daughter nearly lost her life in April, my wife has gone south.

I’m schizophrenic, Hon is bipolar and my kids are thin because of an eating disorder called ARFID. (Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder).

I’m just riding the waves here hoping to reach the shore at some point. Hon is hallucinating insects, seeing shadow men, can’t sleep, feels like an impending doom is about to occur.

I’m still right as rain through it all. Just hoping she’ll snap out of it with proper rest and medication.

7 Likes

Yeah I have bipolar disorder too and kind of going through a rough patch lately even though I’ve increased the mood stabilizer dose.

Hope your wife starts feeling better soon @anon39054230.

You are doing a good job of holding on.

1 Like

Has she or yourself reported all this to her psychiatrist? That’s got to be the first step.

Getting sleep is probably the 2nd step. She might need a sleeping pill for a while.

4 Likes

sorry to hear you got that much on your plate…

i hope your wife gets the help she needs.

Is she seeing a pdoc currently?

3 Likes

That is a lot to go through, I hope the best for you and your family and thank you for bringing laughs to the forum despite your hardships.

2 Likes

Yeah. When I have an episode, getting even one night of sleep makes a world of difference.

1 Like

I’m sorry all that is going on. I hope you get your wife help somehow. Maybe contact her pdoc?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.