Big day tomorrow new job

I got a new job. Well kind of anyway. I signed a letter of intent in July and they submitted my resume on a proposal to win this contract and today they won the contract. I knew about a week or so ago but it was official today with the Marine Corps. They told me I would get an offer letter today but I never got it yet. And I don’t know when they want me to start. I haven’t put in a 2 week notice with the government yet.

But tomorrow I have a meeting with the CEO, the COO and some other guy. I am going to be a program manager and they are going to lay out their expectations and the terms of the contract they made with the Marine Corps. I am going to have to really work and be in charge for this job. I think I have 7 other people working for me I haven’t met yet. I hope they like me.

Wish me luck.

20 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks I had another new job also working for the Marine Corps on a contract I was supposed to start on Oct 11th but I had to move. I had already put down a deposit on a townhouse in Virginia but this job is remote. I don’t have to move or pay rent somewhere else so I will actually get a nice raise. I lost the deposit but would have had to pay an extra $20,000 per year for a place to live. It was in the DC area so it was high rent.

With this new job I just have to go to DC occasionally for short periods of time. It’s remote mostly.

7 Likes

Good luck matey. Hope it works out well for you and keep in charge and keep that stress low!

1 Like

Good luck @TomCat - hope it all goes well for you

1 Like

Good luck. Sounds like a job with lots of responsibilities. Hope it goes well.

1 Like

Good luck @TomCat

Your well able for it

1 Like

Best of luck with it all :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Good luck @TomCat

1 Like

The call went well. I got the offer. They want me to start Oct 1st. That’s too soon. I have to give two weeks.

It’s a $22,000 a year raise from what I am making now.

Will be lots of work though.

4 Likes

Good luck. I hope they give you the 2 weeks you need.

1 Like

Awesome, Tomcat. I hope things go well for you. Good luck! I’m glad for you, man.

1 Like

Well I signed the offer letter. It said Oct 1st. But I told the IRS my last day was Oct 12th. If they want to pay me from the first that’s fine but I have to be available for my other job until the 12th. Although I can’t really do anything until my computer gets fixed. It got zapped in hurricane Ida.

1 Like

Well I am turning in all my equipment for the IRS right now and cleaning out my desk.

Program manager full time on Tuesday.

4 Likes

I should have kept my job at the IRS a little longer. Right now I could be doing both of them. But on the flip side I got my first paycheck today.

Over a $600 a week raise. I am making over $2400 a month more than my last job and I am hardly doing any work at all yet.

It’s a new contract. We don’t have our id or common access cards yet. I am told that will take a month. Also we don’t have our computers yet.

I am working from home with office 365 on my personal computer and Microsoft teams. But there just ain’t much going on right now.

I am very happy with things so far. It should get busy though soon enough.

4 Likes

Hey glad to hear things are going well and you like your job. I’m in between work at the moment gotta find a new one… cheers!

1 Like

I should probably be happy with my new job. I am making a lot more money. But I just got approved for a debt consolidation loan with BHG. I am going to pay off all my existing loans and credit cards and that loan won’t be on my credit report.

My credit score is going to skyrocket and I am going to buy that vending business I was talking about a while back. It’s a big investment but a big return also. I am going to try to work and do the vending business at the same time until I am debt free.

The only problem is I don’t have any time off right now to go to training for the business and for someone to come to my house and help me find accounts.

I am going to talk to my business broker on Tuesday about all of this.

Once I pay off all my debts I will just give the vending business to my son. I probably won’t work anymore. This will probably take several years but that’s my plan.

1 Like

I talked to my business funding manager and I should be able to borrow $60,000 to $120,000 for the vending business.

That’s 5 to 10 machines. If I get 5 I should be able to net an additional $30,000 a year. With 10 it obviously doubles to $60,000. So either way it would take me two years to pay off the loan. Those are conservative estimates. Obviously I hope I do better.

With 10 machines though I would probably have to service two a day. That might be too much also working full time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.