Bicep curls

I do 2x120 press ups, 20 bent knee bilateral presses and for the last few days an additional 100 bicep curls.

I have pain from doing the bicep curls as expected as you do micro tears to build up muscle.

My question is should i leave the bicep curls to rest for 2 days to heal and then continue?

I have found conflicting advice on the internet, Some saying you can do bicep curls everyday without worry, and others saying leave it for 36-48 hours so that they heal. Should I do 2 days on and 2 days off? Or continue everyday anyway through the pain?

They are not heavy weights, only 5 kg a piece. I am only of short stature and weigh 76.5 kg.

1 Like

I would say that if you are still sore from the curls, wait a longer period of time. But I haven’t lifted weights in a long time so that’s just a guess. I would think you would be able to tell if your biceps have healed or not.

1 Like

I heard recovery time is very important when building muscle. I heard body builders sleep like 12 hours a day

1 Like

Yes, if you don’t give them time to heal, you won’t build bigger, stronger muscles.

1 Like

I’m not a body builder lol although my ideal would be a trim Bruce Lee body :muscle:

I’m just working out a little and if I build muscle then great!

1 Like

My mate who was into fitness would do weights one day then cardio the next. And one day a week of nothing

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.

Once I’m off risperidone then I can do cardio again. The risperidone gives me muscle cramps if I walk more than 2km, unfortunately.

Thats what I do as if I do bicep curls before then I get muscle cramps. Last time I did bicep curls I had intense pain for 3 days, I even took a Tylenol at night as I had difficulty sleeping with the pain.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll do that too. Leave it two days and then do it again. That is how you build my small muscles. :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe when I worked out that they had you do different muscle groups on different days so that is probably the way to go. Give them time to heal and build muscle.

1 Like

Who would have thought a couple of 5kg weights could build muscle? You see all the weights they have in gyms.

1 Like

As long as your muscles tear, you can build muscle. And if they are sore like you say they are probably torn.

1 Like

i would say you could still build muscle lifting 4 or 5 times a week, but you need to get your protein and sleep. also at some point the 5kg weights will not be enough weight for you and you will plateau, at that point you will need to add weight. if you just want to be toned, then high reps of your chosen weight, but if you want to get bigger, i would go heavier weights until failure but not as many reps. im sure there is a lot to read on the internet though about it, and im no expert. personally i work out 4 or 5 times a week and lift the same muscles 4 or 5 times a week. at some point when you are in better shape, the soreness will start to go away and you wont get as sore as easily.

1 Like

LS!
Hi! I do my bicep curls twice a week. Three times eight reps with two times 19,8 kilo. But I am 63.

2 Likes

I am impressed.
You must be a big guy and worked hard to build it up, especially at your age.

How long have you been lifting for? How tall are you? And your weight if it is not too personal to ask?

If I was lifting around 20kg on a bicep curl that would almost be a third of my weight. lol

1 Like

LS! Hi Labratmat! For the last three years I exercised every day. I am 179 centimeters tall that is 5.87 feet. My weight is 138 kilo about 300 lbs. My health and strength training have my attention all day. I am especially proud of my 134 kilo in the Pec Deck for 8 reps 3 sets.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.