BEWARE Of yoga!

Yoga is great but you really need a teacher. I learned a half hour yoga routine from a book and did it everyday for two years and it really messed up my body. I had a backache for years and my shoulder muscles are permanently damaged and I severed my hamstring. My body is generally a shambles, a lot like a much older man’s. If you do yoga get a trained teacher.

7 Likes

Many ancient yoga books stress that you cant learn from a book alone, and that it’s only meant to be a guide in addition to having a teacher.

2 Likes

Yeah if you do yoga correct its not really harmful.

2 Likes

Where are you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Well havent seen you in a while…

1 Like

I just took a break. How are you?

1 Like

Nervous cause I did something stupid with meds, had a nightmare, and woke up at 4am…

1 Like

I wouldn’t try yoga without a certified teacher

1 Like

I feel like Im reading this because I need to do Yoga…lol…I guess I’ll have to watch some yoga tube videos…

1 Like

I’ve been doing yoga pretty much on my own, without a teacher, for the last 17 years. I’ve only taken formal classes a couple of times. But, then again, I’m a former RN and I fully understand anatomy and body mechanics. So far, I’ve never seriously hurt myself doing my yoga.

3 Likes

I thought you were a nutritionist also.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.