Better to disclose or not

What is the risk exactly?

That you make a bad hire, they don’t work out or have problems

When I worked for the federal government my sz got really bad my supervisor at the time help me get disability so I wasn’t let go and I have some income

1 Like

i fit was a government supported scheme for employment I would disclose but like @rogueone said its probably not good to for a real job

1 Like

At my first job, I didn’t disclose until I really couldn’t do the job without accommodations. I was placed on a “hold” until they made sure they could accommodate what my dr. was requesting…several days later they agreed to accommodate…
But then only a few months later I had a major mental breakdown and quit and got on disability.
I attempted to work at a store where they hire disabled so I had to disclose but sadly, I couldn’t handle that job either…
I am try to look for meaning in life without working, because my illness is severe and stress is a trigger…

Sometimes it just takes time for the tide to change. If you’re taking your meds and getting enough sleep you’re doing your part.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.