Best sports moment of all time for you

I saw this live this past March I was so happy

2 Likes

My daughter getting the Hustler trophy at basketball camp with over 50 girls.

My daughter beating Carrie D in Clinton cross country meet, then throwing up immediately afterwards.

My daughter earning a Life Guard certification.

My son getting the Gold in cheer leading.

My son learning to swim.

My son learning to shoot overhand, getting the Gold.

2 Likes

Oh if we’re counting sports in person. I was small and this kid on Darien said “MOVE IN MOVE IN” when I got up and then I hit it right over his head and got a home run on the first pitch. That was probably mine. And many others. I was good at baseball. I also played my best game of basketball I’ve ever played in front of a sportscenter anchor. Schooled his ass. And iwas real good at football and soccer when I was REAL young.

1 Like

Jon, something totally off topic.

My daughter in Costa Rica right now on her honeymoon!

She said it’s been raining a lot but still very beautiful.

They are at a resort.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Costa Rica is a beautiful beautiful country. And probably the least corrupt of all Latin American countries. I did community service project there sophomore year of high school. I remember we went horse back riding through the rain forest…probably the most exhilarating memorable experience of my life… So fun.

1 Like

Kendo class…I beat the hell out of the top student…every round I got good hits in without taking any…my proudest sports moment…

3 Likes

yeah, her husband an active naturalist, and will do exploring.

I’ll share a pic if she sends one.

1 Like
2 Likes

OR.

George Foreman KO’s Michael Moorer in one of the greatest comebacks ever. Foreman wins the Heavyweight World boxing title at age 49.

2 Likes

Easily, easily the 2007 Warriors playoffs series win against the Mavericks. That’s when my love for the NBA really began.

Here’s a famous play from that series… I still remember when it happened.

1 Like

Watched this 4 hour 45 minute Wimbledon final between two equally talented (and handsome) men. I’m not a huge sports fan, but this was awesome.

1 Like

This girl was unbelievable.

Not much into watching sports, or anything to do with it really, but one thing I always enjoyed and was pretty good at was swimming. Used to go almost everyday, one time was at the local swimming hole and went in to do a couple of laps, the lake was about 2 city block wide and as I went in I could hear a few people on the side saying “he will never make it” I went back and forth 4 times and could have done more, but thought I had proved my point :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
1 Like

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-003&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla&p=curling+sport+video#id=2&vid=28ea8e7b06ecb4d545569ce5c05ad257&action=click

I was there! It was so exciting that I my voice got hoarse from cheering.

@rhubot do you have a new favorite sports moment :wink:

1 Like

I am actually screaming right now

1 Like