Best medication that works? you

Yes and no. I live in a small town and the quality of the therapists we get is … variable. The last one I had was a Russian import who sounded (and looked) like a tatted up Russian Bratva mobster. He didn’t regard the 12 Step work I do as a positive. I’ll occasionally do therapy booklets, the last being the one you recommended. Kind of done with low-rent therapy for the time being. Too much on my plate to give time away to these chuckleheads.

Occasionally suffering from anxiety over terrorism incidents that show up on the news. The problem is that I see everything in patterns and that this was going to happen was obvious to me*. Much worse is coming down the pipe within two years. I’m relying on adult colouring books mainly because they help me push this out of the fore of my mind.

Pixel.

*Note: This is separate from my SZ hallucinations and delusions which are alien centered. Illegal aliens, not so much.

1 Like

…is all over the block. That’s why I suggest that people find someone (usually an experienced advocate such as those at NAMI, but also elsewhere) who knows enough to steer one to a therapist who is more likely to have the “best” approach for that particular patient. I’ve provide that service for dozens of people; there are others out there like me.

Call me an “ostrich,” maybe, but until the terrorists show up here, I refuse to pay more than the minimum required attention to the decidedly manipulative (for more than one commercial reason) “news” media.

As do I. But I use that 10 StEP thing to keep myself just meta-conscious enough to get up out of the paradigmatic boxes those patterns try to lock me in.

thanks 4 the valuable insight moses…ur precious information helps me to understand more about sz and
medicine its targeting channels …soon they might find out dopa-mine (“Da”) receptor site blockage…
Lets keep the hope alive…

I’m on Latuda and Seroquel with Depakote for the mood swings.

It’s taken a long time to find a combo that works.

Amisulpride in a moderate dose works wonders for me with a low dose of olanzapine to accompany it.

For me the best medicine for a while was latuda. I was on a dose of 80 mgs for the longest time until i ran out of pills and couldn’t get a hold of my pdoc, he was on sick leave and no other doctor would take his cases. It was total B.S. Now i’m on a much higher dose of latuda and also haldol. they kind of work but they make me tired all day without coffee.

For me, nothing works like Zyprexa 10mg. I’ve tried Abilify, Seroquel, Risperdal, Geodon and a few others.

I haven’t tried clozapine primarily because Zyprexa is already working.