Best med for paranoia?

The best meds for paranoia is to not form assumptions.

1 Like

Your statement just yells out for assumptions ā€¦

Can you explain?

2 Likes

I usually take Tylenol, it gives me a really nice paranoia.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if medicine helped, but I try to feel less anxious or bad when I think someone else is talking or asking me for something. It helped me to just give less energy to the problem, and not getting riled up helps a lot.

1 Like

Supiciouseridone by NomofollowU pharmaceuticals.

On serious note probably any med that sedates you heavily enough to not feel like thinking about what is making you paranoid. Something that reduces anxiety and anxious thinking

1 Like

I gained 15 pounds but I really have to watch myself. I weighed in at his office at 130 and just 2 months before I weighed 124.
But itā€™s nothing for me to mow down a bag chips and now that Iā€™m not working itā€™s really bad. That new pdoc I got his last words were be very careful what you eat lol and I was like yeah ok right
So I eat only vegetables during the week and eat meat on the weekend. But I feel like Iā€™m starving to death everyday maybe he should put me on something else

1 Like

Geodon, Abilify, and Haldol didnā€™t touch my paranoia, but Zyprexa has completely controlled it.

1 Like

That sounds really awful @Cindy10

1 Like

From personal experience - Clozapine.

2 Likes

It is awful to feel hungry all the time and then when I eat my meals itā€™s never satisfying because I canā€™t eat until I get full

1 Like

I had the same problem on Seroquel

1 Like

Yeah it sucks but itā€™s the med that will get me to sleep and stay asleep for 4 hrs at a time

1 Like

Paranoia!?? I know that old chestnut well. Gets me everytime. Early night with 300mg Sereqoul gets rid of that for me. I just tend to dip in the evenings - so i bugger off to bed early about 5-6 pm - tho i do most my chores 3-5am in the morning so im tired by then anyway.

1 Like

Therapyā€¦

I would get a new doctor and try them. They may help. Paranoia is a type of anxiety. Thatā€™s what Benzodiazepines are for.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone to doctors outside of county mental health since I was 16 years old. Theyā€™ve always thrown me into the mental hospital if they decided I was psychotic even if I wasnā€™t a danger to myself or anyone else. Supposed delusions alone get me thrown in. Counselors in my area do the same thing to me. So I either lie and donā€™t go to the hospital, or I tell the truth and never get out. Thatā€™s why I go to county mental health - they donā€™t make me stay at the psych ward. @TomCat

1 Like

Not with that attitude.

Why hard to stay on?

Clozaril worked for the paranoia for me!

1 Like