Best job for a schizophrenic?

IDK, I tried to get hired on to the police bomb squad. I got rejected when they said they didn’t have a uniform in my size.

3 Likes

Janitorial work.

1 Like

Sales is good. Marketing, too. Now I’m onto data operations- my current job is remote and fairly stress free.

3 Likes

It seems that you dont have a hard life. That is wonderful for you.

2 Likes

I work as a translator and editor.

2 Likes

I work part time as an artist’s assistant.

Clean her studio, prepare artwork for travel and load it, I take care of horses and run personal errands.

It’s easy work,

And she has MI too, so she understands a lot of my hang ups.

I think that’s good work for a schizophrenic,

But I also think any work is good work for a schizophrenic.

As many on this forum alone have proven,

You can do anything, despite this diagnosis.

2 Likes

I’d love to do data entry so much but I’m afraid if covid happens I lose out on money. But if I work in a care home I wouldn’t. But some of the elderly can be so rude.and challenging.

1 Like

i think a less stressful job would be good.

i was thinking of a tele-sales executive

a fellow sz guy suggested me to take up a physical work kind of job like at a mall or something.
i think thats a nice suggestion.

i think as others suggested sales, marketing would be a good job

1 Like

I tutored my brother. If you have patience in math and have the skills already, it’s decent money. Better than nothing.

If you already know how to program and are an introvert, it’s great to do that too. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the skills before then.

It’s hard and I don’t recommend learning something new, unfortunately, if you have a hard time like me learning and retaining new information.

You could do freelance but it pays nothing. Some people are lucky enough to work remotely at home. There are free resources online to learn.

1 Like

I think the easiest is to work with my mother in her friend’s accounting office, I can keep asking her questions and she will never get mad. Also I can ask her to verify my work anytime.

Do you think my cognitive symptoms will disappear if Vraylar reduces my positive and negative symptoms?

No, I don’t. It helped me though in some areas. I’m still treatment resistant with delusions and thought insertion sometimes. It feels like my thoughts are being triggered or inserted from dreams and past lives. It could be the caffeine. I drink so much that it negates the meds – same thing with smoking. Even normal people without mental illness would get sick, anxeity, mental health problems, and probably end up with a heart attack if they drank 10 monsters a day like I used to for months.

It can be very activing for some people. For some it didn’t work. but for my body chemistry it did wonders. I am staying out of the hospital almost permanently. Two days ago I had severe flairup but recovered without help. I just needed to sleep.

I still have lack of motivation, but my moods are stable, less depression, and more energy to do things.

I think for me it was less activing than some meds like Invega. Caffeine increases my restlessness with Vraylar.

If I didn’t abuse caffeine, I might be 2x higher functioning and have more motivation and drive. I have no activities. I believe I have impairment in executive functioning.

It helps I had an above average IQ before the illness, although I had and have no real skills or work experience. I wish I would have been a computer science major then I could make money programming. I really don’t have enough skills to work yet. Might take 5+ more years if I coded every day to get an entry level job. I’m just not that good anymore at retaining information, being consistent, and working hard and ethics.

1 Like

If Vraylar works I am also thinking about work with computers because my sz label prevents me here from working in the health domain. I can make the same or more money in computers than my physiotherapy degree. I told my university supervisor I quit university due to sz he’s not responding idk why, pretty sure my degree is invalid now and they won’t let me specialize in rehab, athletic therapist, etc

I wanted to be an athletic therapist honestly but sz ruined everything even my personal life.

1 Like

I wanted to be in finance, banking, or economics. I dropped out majoring in math. Sort of useless unless you get a degree but you can freelance tutoring and it’s easy if you learned and studied in school. Just refresh stuff.

Like I know calculus but I would have to restudy multivariable calculus but I assume some of it was easy. Some questions would be hard for me, some easy. It really depends on the teacher and subject.

Algebra is extremely easy for me. I can do it drunk pretty much lol.

Math teaches you how to think so programming comes easy despite the cognitive issues. I just want a career and money and a life.

1 Like

I wasn’t the perfect student at all. I went to community college and took the easy teachers and did the bare minimum. Still got As. At a real top 10 university, I would have been a C or B student, honeslty.

1 Like

@walterchang: I’m blessed to only have mild symptoms of sz. this has allowed me to work part time over the years. are you chinese?

1 Like

Yes, I am Chinese.

President of the united states

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.