Best biscuit (cookie) in the world

The toffypop

Not sure if these are only available in scotland

8 Likes

cheapest you mean lol, they are nice though lol

1 Like

Are they a Scottish thing?

1 Like

idk jim, but i like soft white choc chip with cranberry cookies best, next is oat and raisins lol

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah I think white choc chip is good too. Lidl have a really good bakery section nowadays

1 Like

Yeah Jaffa cakes are amazing!

Interesting fact in the uk chocolate biscuits are subjected to a tax but chocolate cakes are not.

So the makers of Jaffa cakes argued in court they were cakes and not biscuits. As part of their case they made a 12 inch Jaffa cake proclaiming it a cake!

3 Likes

That’s so silly!
It’s obviously a biscuit.
A jaffa cake would be disgusting.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Food thread

9 char

Also part of their argument was that when left out biscuits go soft, but cakes go hard. Jaffa cakes go hard apparently - I wouldn’t know because I devour all Jaffa cakes in my immediate whereabouts

4 Likes

Yeah they go crunchy hard.
You could say they become biscuit-ier.
So maybe they’re biscuits in disguise.
Cakes certainly don’t become biscuits when they go stale.

2 Likes

Destroy it

0 char

The crazy British tax laws and biscuits

2 Likes

“No VAT is charged for gingerbread with just two chocolate spots for eyes. However, if your gingerbread man is dressed with any chocolate-based additions, such as trousers, 20% VAT will be added.”

This is ridiculous!

6 Likes

I am gonna walk around with no trousers for a while. After being arrested my defence will be that I was trying to not pay vat tax!

3 Likes

Make sure you have chocolate eyes though or they will know it’s a ruse!

3 Likes

Mega ultra lol!

3 Likes

sounds like a plan jim :joy::joy::joy:

tbh i think its really scandalous to tax things like that, they tax everything nowadays and its terrible, give us a break you know what a mean,

British taxes for high earners in the 60s were huge. Like 95% tax rate

1 Like