Berberine for weight

Has anyone here tried Berberine for weight loss? Its supposed to be like LTheanine in that its a supplement with an actual effect. It works by reducing blood sugar similar to metformin

Wikipedia says that is a salt.

It might not even give you weight loss and just dry up all your water weight and make you look thinner but you actually aren’t. Just dehydrated.

1 Like

Its got great reviews on amazon. Usually 4.5 stars is good. It comes from california poppy, oregon grape and other plants. Its sold for the immune system, blood sugar is a big one, Solaray makes one but id like to try a more potent manufacturer.

And to be fair adderall is also a salt haha that makes you lose weight

Theobroma is another good supplement for energy

Yeah you will definitely look thinner if you lose enough water weight. Humans are 80% water or something like that.

Sounds good. It was on doctor oz so id ask anyway.

You don’t want to lose water weight. And taking advice from a tv is not a good idea.

Neither is from a forum but here we are

So you asked some really unreliable people for weight loss advice?

1 Like

That sarcosine ■■■■ didnt work. Ltheanine worked. And berberine works too i was kinda just bringing it up to help people lose a1c points

So why are you giving information on weight loss advice if you know it’s from a bad source?

Its from peer reviewed articles, television, forums and the same reason people use this forum for medication advice to help “support” people i guess. I dont have the money to try it. I mostly just wanted opinions on people who tried it already and lost weight

There are articles on here that I would say are nonsense. There are people on here who lose touch with all reality from time to time.

Loading yourself up on salt is not a good idea. That’s all I’m saying.

2 Likes

Berberine is proven to be an sglt1 inhibitor but i agree with you table salt is not good for you NaCl

That makes it sound like it’s too good to be true.

Your right, maybe just a little weight loss though just like 5 lbs not much. Something that can help a lot of schizophrenics since its antiarryhmic. Sometimes research is faked though so i agree too soon to tell

1 Like
1 Like