Benadryl for sleep?

Last night my mom was like here take this ■■■■ to go to sleep so I took two Benadryl and now I feel negative symptoms today like I had lots of caffeine I just feel flat and crappy. I feel hollow and slept too much last night.

Maybe it’s an interaction.

“Do not take Benadryl if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A very dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.”

Why do you think they call it “dope”?

Jayster

Knowing what you’re on, it might be an additive effect of Xanax and Benadryl. The two could have a compounding sedating effect. Sometimes, floridly psychotic patients will get a B-52 shot (Benadryl, 5 mg of Haldol, and 2 mg of Ativan). Ativan and Xanax are similar in that the two are short-acting, potent benzos. Those B-52s knock people out. I got one in the ER the other day. Heavy-duty $hit. I probably wouldn’t take any more Benadryl unless you don’t care about the next day.

1 Like

Ah. That explains a lot

I took seroquel last night to sleep and today I feel like death!!! I don’t know how people can handle that med.

Why does WHO call WHAT “dope?”

1 Like