Being nice pays off

we order pretty regularly from a local Chinese place… i learned how to say thank you in Chinese mandarin? and i bow when she hands me my food… she says your welcome and bows back… now she makes jokes and the to go boxes are filled so full you cannot close them… so it pays to be nice… i now have access to the real Chinese food that they actually eat… even though its not on the menu whole deep fried duck is now possible…and holy ■■■■ its like nirvana in your mouth…

11 Likes

really? fried duck? I thought you said plants were tasting better ? :slight_smile: LOL

I never liked duck, tried a few times.

My fave asian food is anything in peanut butter sauce HAH!

Wow, being nice… who knew? :joy: I’ll have to try it sometime

2 Likes

lol… ducks is still good… must be fried till the layer of fat inbetween skin and meat is crunchy like duck rhines…

LOL I had a similar experience with a Chinese restaurant, too!

The lady was an emigre who was apparently studying for her English citizen test, but I didn’t know that at first.
I ordered and she complimented my outfit. I thanked her and smiled. At the end of paying, she lifted a book from behind the counter and bowed a little.
“Can you help me?” She asked, opening the book and pointing to a sentence inside.
“How do you say…” she was pointing to the word ‘election’ so I pronounced it for her several times fast and one time slowly and we exchanged smiles. She thanked me and when I got my food it was overflowing, and has been ever since! She’s also very sweet to me in particular whenever I go and she seems genuinely happy to see me come through the door! I feel lucky to have met her.
I ordered orange chicken and chow mein and yum!

3 Likes

I used to be the nicest person you’d ever meet before my schiophrenia. I miss who I used to be.

4 Likes

It makes me feel better to be nice to someone than to be mean. I would not like myself if I went around being mean. And that motivates me to make an extra effort to be kind and nice to people. I do not want to go through life not liking myself.

“You catch more fly’s with honey than vinegar”.

4 Likes

I like that mind set… I might look scary but that’s just a bluff lol…

would you catch more flys with honey or shhhit?

2 Likes

k[quote=“flameoftherhine, post:8, topic:80849”]
or shhhit?
[/quote]

Are you kidding me, lol? Everyone knows sh*t doesn’t work. But crap works like a charm every time.

1 Like

shiit we all know pure ■■■■ works better than watered down crap…lol

1 Like

Well this conversation took a turn for the weird :joy:

1 Like

I try to make everyone’s day as easy as possible.

3 Likes