Being lazy while schizophrenic?

What to do i dont want to do anything .iam just laying in my bed.how can i help myself…i am really sad.

1 Like

It’s not laziness, it’s the disease. But I always think I’m doing well when I “just” feel lazy and bored. There’s worse ways to feel.

9 Likes

I havent been worse while on medication. Thanks for advice

2 Likes

Do a graffiti drawing! I always love them so much!

9 Likes

Been lazy this week to, was cold all week and never worked, seems the less I do, the less I want to do.

3 Likes

@anon48059102 I agree with @Ninjastar you are good at drawing, it is a good idea and it is excellent that you retained
your talent despite the disease.
It is a reason for you to be happy.

5 Likes

For me its more I want to do stuff but my drive to do so is totally reduced. Avolition

5 Likes

I’m still in bed @656PM…typing this is the most I’ve done today. Have zero motivation.
Ansolutely none in reserve.
To top it all off, I’ve got super important stuff to do that I just cannot ever start doing.
Seems it will all end in disaster, but for the life of me I can get going in the right direction.

2 Likes

I have never been so unmotivated in my life. I just drag from day to day. The highlight of my day is taking my meds so I can go to sleep. Sleep is my reprieve from all the craziness that is my brain. I have health issues that contribute to tiredness and lack of energy but the MI and meds doesn’t help.

If you can draw, then definitely do that! I would love to be able to draw or sculpt or play an instrument or something. I am limited to this forum, TV and YouTube

I am in bed right now watching Anchorman 2 and reading the SZ forums. A bag of bones.

3 Likes

You can get in an argument with yourself eg Im sick of this. or maybe a peaceful approach and sleep for 3 day’s , your Dr. can help. It works for me.

1 Like

Well now that I don’t work,i guess I am kinda lazy in a way.Got disability so no more work!!!

1 Like

I’m not lazy I’m very diligent but I’m invalid!
It would be a DREAM for me to do something but I have very poor mental health(schizophrenia)
and it doesn’t let me function, it impairs my cognition severely.

2 Likes

For me a lot of it is the meds.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting tremors from this crazy weather. Rispy is a cruel master, as you know. :wink:

2 Likes

I hope that the tremors go away for you soon @metime

2 Likes

Thank you! They were bad last night, but today has been okay. As long as I stay out of the cold or extreme heat I’m okay.

2 Likes

Me http://www.clipartkid.com/images/228/couch-potato-9d8qsX-clipart.png

2 Likes

Same here on the sleeping! Sleeping is the favorite part of my day. I can lay down and say to myself “Well, I survived another day.”

6 Likes

It is almost always wrong to call a schizophrenic “lazy”. What one is seeing that gets the label “lazy” is something else.

Jayster

5 Likes

i wish it was just being lazy… that’s easy enough to snap out of… also I enjoy seeing @metime has posted on a thread then im like I didn’t post there what the hell… must investigate…lol

4 Likes