Being honest

I’m going to be honest about some things. I live in rural TN and most of the women peak at 16, which is the group that made me feel like competition, because I was in that age group. Now I’m competing with 30’s and over and i see their photos of them and in person, and they’ve let themselves go. But then here I am, exotic, still look young, have a nice curvy body. To be honest I feel like I should step my game up. I know it’s not all about looks, but it is to a degree. People like pretty people, especially if you’re hot. I mean my husband hears it all the time at work. Wives from nurses or techs are rated in beauty. I want to be seen by everyone and given attention. I like attention.

Also, I’ve never met my husband’s colleagues and they’ve asked my husband if the reason I won’eet them is because I’m jealous. At first that upset me until I found out they were obese. I mean really!
I know I should get over myself, but I’m craving attention. Everyone likes to be noticed once in a while.

2 Likes

I mean to some extent everyone’s a tad shallow but I think it’s definitely less about looks!! When I was younger I considered myself good looking I worked out often like with all my traits seemingly kinda masculine, into sports and stuff . Now I’m more of an intuitive thinker who’s sensitive in tune with their feelings and stuff and understanding who I am , not ashamed. Well people seem to like me way more this way :blush: so I think there’s much more to it than looks. If anything your attitude reflects how you look. And they go off of one another. If a girl has a good attitude usually I like how she looks

2 Likes

Sweet, I’ll take that into consideration. I have terrible social skills that I need to work on.

1 Like

It’s weird how it works because ultimately it’s just a decision, or at least it was for me. At one point I cared about the looks I’d get from people or the attention I’d get, but then I realized it was sometimes directly attached to sexual attraction even though I’d tell myself it wasn’t. Once I made that separation, I started putting more value into what KIND of people were paying attention to me and WHY, and I realized that a real person to person relationship had more value to me than getting people to pay general attention to me because trust and true friendship meant more to me. Looks and all that fades away I figure so I am looking for people who see that as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.