Being given important info at work

At my previous data job, I was part of the senior team of our business unit, representing the data team.

I was given important people and business updates that I’d have to keep secret some times for months

Is it a good thing that my new manager in the new company doesn’t tell me anything?

This morning I have been upsetting myself that she has been hiding things from me.

However, am I better just not knowing?

Some times I used to find it stressful knowing everything going on, should I just sit back and get on with it?

1 Like

Early days. Be patient.

2 Likes

You need to gain people’s trust. Then they start talking.

1 Like

My manager told me he promoted me only because I focused only on work and nothing else.

2 Likes

Every manager or leader has their own style. I wouldn’t read much into it.

There’s a new boss at my work. It’s a different thing working with her. She has her own way of doing things, just like my previous boss had. I figure as long as the work environment is good it doesen’t matter how they want things done.

1 Like

We weren’t allowed cellphones or recording devices in my last work of video games QA, bug reporter. It was video games that weren’t released to public yet so it was secret. I heard that a guy recorded an unreleased scene of our video games, not only he got fired, he had to pay a fine. Incase content is stolen by other companies, he can get in legal trouble.

1 Like

We had to all leave our cellphones and smart watches in a locker at reception.

1 Like

Different company, different manager , differed way of working. I wouldn’t take it personally, just focus on the job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Things were f*cked up at work yesterday, my manager gave me the info I needed but joked he didn’t feel like explaining everything, so I joked I didn’t feel like hearing about it. We both laughed.

I’ve been given important info at work before, or access to certain areas others don’t. I just keep the info to myself or didn’t let anyone else into those areas. Never really had a problem.

3 Likes

Probably a nice thing to not know. Less responsibility less stress.

2 Likes

I purposely would not want to work for an faang companies because their nda and non compete agreements are ridiculous.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.