Being careful who we open up to

Some people are very punitive and feel free to punish anyone, scolding something they find offensive. I have not always been careful who I told what to and then there was a time when I wouldn’t open up to anyone. Hopefully we get better at knowing who to trust and with what.

3 Likes

my tactic is to be open to everyone so i have nothing that can be used against me and i know straight ahead if a person is gonna click with me

1 Like

Trust no normie. :male_detective:

7 Likes

Would you tell someone you’d done something that you know he does not approve of?

I agree with @zeno.

2 Likes

Boundaries! 1515151515115

I am pretty selective these days. I’ve learned who to trust and who I shouldn’t. It does take some time and effort but it’s not a bad theory for most!

1 Like

We have to live with normies.

3 Likes

Normal people who are informed about our mental illness will either be supportive or rejecting and fearful of us.

2 Likes

Normal people are rejecting when we matter with money other wise they are supportive.

1 Like

I know that. It is embarrassing enough to have to “beg” without people criticising and calling us lazy.

1 Like

I find most normies are fearful and rejecting of the words schizophrenia, schizoaffective or bipolar. They want nothing to do with us. They especially don’t want to get involved with us romantically. So, I keep my diagnosis top secret from all normies. Luckily I don’t want a romantic relationship anyway.

Good for you. Realism and romanticism are two very different concepts.

2 Likes

It is because most of schizophrenic are loose control over their behavior time to time. It is true.

1 Like

That’s honest of you, @anon68148378. Especially when we get psychotic. Actually, maybe it’s only then. i’m stable now but control is an issue, but a known issue.

Yes ok, in my psychiatric doctor hospital there is a poster in wall that “it is impossible to change the thinking of a schizophrenic”. So I am believing in that. It is important to us to behave normal or some depressed in what ever we are thinking. we have to consider all the time the reality of environment.

Is this because learning requires trust and a sz has no trust? I’m thinking that to change ones thinking is desirable when one is suffering. Love and security might change a sz, but it takes years.

1 Like

No madem / sir, treatment is treatment. There is no option other than medication. Because in the start of schizophrenia no body knows what is going on. Once you understand the problem, than you try to trust, and need love and security.
I think in western countries it is definitely bad to have mental problem. Because family don’t support them and feel insult of them.( I think.)

What country are you from? I am female.
Sometimes I think the sz mind was knocked out by doctor’s drugs to begin with.

1 Like

I am from India. There is no any method to identify the schizophrenia in any person. But I think psychiatric doctors have some ideas for diagnosis. SZ is a disease that never cure. But we reduce the effects of it in our lives. What is the end, no body knows.

1 Like