Being a man in your twenties is getting tougher these days

Especially mentally ill. With all these shootings on the news caused by men in their twenties, trust is not guaranteed. I notice a lot of older folks don’t trust me til they really know me. Also with less jobs available to young adults, all the girls are looking for older men these days. People are suspicious of men in their twenties. Trust is only gained with age and time. my therapist says the only thing worse than being a man in his twenties when it comes to police, is being a man in his teens. life ain’t so simple anymore.

2 Likes

racism freakin sucks too. Im black so i would know…

1 Like

Ya sure does. I’m Jewish and the anti semitism in the country is increasing too. Not as bad as the anti-black and Muslim but still getting worse.

Ya know man … You’re pretty much on point but just keep doing what’s right and you and your loved ones will likely benefit in a wee bit… Be patient bro

2 Likes

Im actually a muslim too so double whammy. But can people tell just by looking at you that you are jewish? You don’t wear a yarmulke or any of the traditional dress, right? People will just think you’re white…

I feel terrible for both of you. I don’t agree with racism or any thing that pits people against others just for the color of their skin or their religion.

Well my last name is very Jewish but I guess you’re right :mask:

I went to a catholic school and it was pretty bad…the abuse I got.

I see the prejudice against Muslims all the time. Its terrible… I’m not religious but I don’t blame a whole religion for the troubled times.

I just keep to my art… I’m not a great activist… People don’t seem to adhere to my words

2 Likes

I’m half Scottish/ half Irish…

I’m a cheap drunk.

2 Likes

Its good to see you again Sir :grinning:

1 Like

I think it’s a good time to be in your twenties but you gotta work smart. And be persistent in your endeavors.

The only thing I think that sucks for the teens and 20s and early 30s is the cost of housing.
We definitely got screwed on that if you live near major cities

1 Like

15 characters…

Yeah, some of the churches made people who didn’t know right from wrong so is making Millennials very undesirable hire for professional employment. Hate seeing the sniveling and crazy stuff out of employees, is the usual stuff the schizos have to deal with as ‘social problems’. I’m hoping some of the leaders from lead us from this darkness into a new Renaissance of US small business instead of tormenting a few targeted people with it and ruining some businesses by screwing them.

Sadly, this unethical shift came from religious groups whose members were angry about some in community given disability pay after mental problems went through the community. I’ve been called a ‘thief’ in so many places, it is sad as I was made by a big PTSD episode. When some locals have been harmed for going to churches doing the wrong thing to some and turned into nothing but an anti-christ dirty business network, I can understand why many choose atheism. Some cannot leave these churches under threats of harm to family or financial ruin, plus stalked by a lot more people possibly leaving a person unable to work around these stupids.

I’m thrilled to see a kid that doesn’t snivel. Sadly, I think we are moving heavily into the practice of discrimination and exclusive business networking to 666 in order to survive in some areas. May not be able to move, then run off new ones unless you were told to go there by one of these ‘church’ networks.

I think there all too ■■■■■■■ horny.

1 Like

I’ll give you a little tip when it comes to being trusted in your 20’s. Be very selective of the people you hang with. Older adults, perspective partners, co-workers, neighbors and police will stereotype you on your choice of friends. For example, if you hang with druggies, you will automatically be related as one.

1 Like

Ooh Zak that’s shallow and true…but tbh its more of class thing…I’ve gotten into more ■■■■ with rich kids than us poor kids could ever afford…the rich just get away with ■■■■ more often…a few of the judges around here have ankle bracelets for cocaine use…did they go to jail…■■■■ no…another touchy subject…

1 Like

Oh, you are definitely correct regarding class. It’s unfortunate, but until things change we (us poor people) have to play the game. :cry:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.