Behind the walls of a mental hospital (Pakistan)

We must not ask for anything in exchange…

1 Like

There are millions of people in prisons in this country…I call the prisoners men in cages.

I suggested just such a group on this site quite a while ago. There is strength in numbers. We mentally ill simply don’t have the money to form this type of organization. In Somalia, they put a hyena in a room with a mentally ill person.

Yes, those images makes me sad too.

I’m sure you know of the human rights organization called “Amnesty International” that investigates human rights abuses, but maybe there is a need for an organization that focuses soley on mental hospitals. Pakistan is a very backward country, but they must have some progressive elements, because at one time they had a female prime minister. I think she got killed in a coup, so they’re not too progressive.

If we legalized drugs we sure could cut down on our prison bill. Think of the taxes we could raise. Think how much money we could save treating aids and hepititus if we had programs to provide all junkies with clean needles.
I saw this one guy on TV saying that there is a seventeen-thousand per cent profit margin in the drug business, and that profit margin makes drugs unstoppable. I saw this program about a guy who had just gotten out of jail. He’d gotten a job, but one of his friends asked him to sell some drugs for him before he went to work. In four hours he had $4,000.00. What regular job can compete with that? It might be easier to control the supply of drugs if we legalized them. It wouldn’t be profitable to ship them to the U.S. by the ton.

1 Like

Why were the mentally ill in the photos all men?

Probably it was a men ward.

I had to sign a paper that the ward I was in could use restraints or seclusion. It never came to that by the way. Being a public figure on my own page Schizoaffective on Facebook, the majority of people been suffering most their lives totally unaware of their illness. The mental health care in the world is behind the times. There needs to be a great way to shift our nations priorities towards mental health.

1 Like