šŸ» To you folks

I used to use Gimp, it did everything photoshop did but better. Itā€™s been a few years tho. Iā€™ve gotten computer-lazy.

2 Likes

I doubt it willā€¦ there are always compatibility modesā€¦ which didnā€™t do ā– ā– ā– ā–  in windows 8ā€¦ at least for the program I wanted to play the most.

@ttp i guess itā€™s just the founderā€¦ vivaldiā€¦ Iā€™d probably jump ship if it had adblocker and ghostery. Looks real clean.

I loved opera - got sick of ads, though. Does it still have built in ads?

Do they have gimp for windows? Thatā€™d work fine.

Yep. Itā€™s been years since I used it, so I hope itā€™s still good. My 2012 self highly recommends it to your 2012 self.

1 Like

I wonder what the UI is like in windowsā€¦ Iā€™ll look at it laterā€¦

I try to keep both my computers in up to date with the same software. I donā€™t want to boot up my tower just for that right now.

Just looked at a youtube videoā€¦ it looks pretty slick.

1 Like

Itā€™s complicated. Would never rec it to my stepdad, but you should have no trouble with it.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m going to anyways lol

Oooh, upload works with Mercury on 9.1. Everything is beautiful.

1 Like

Yeah it seemed more complicated then photoshop on the few occasions Iā€™ve tried to use itā€¦

Still paint is very basicā€¦ doesnā€™t allow for layers. makes it tricky to make adjustmentsā€¦ have to have multiple files and whatnot.

Never liked the GIMP logoā€¦ or the nameā€¦ I never liked Gnome or the foot thingā€¦ linux hahā€¦ oh well I can get used to the crash bandicoot icon.

Gnu is Not Unix
Gnu is Not Unix

1 Like

And that is all done.

You can really play with the iconsā€¦ You can make them quarter size or double lengthā€¦ they let you do the quarter offsets.

For now this is how itā€™s set upā€¦ I donā€™t have any mp3 files or else itunes would be one there.

Paint does serve as a wonderful medium between screen shots and postingā€¦ you can crop stuff pretty easy then select all - copy - pasteā€¦ without saving or anything. Determine the top and left borders by screenshot placementā€¦ then drag the edges of the image back in to determine the bottom and right.

It looks great. Any way to make the start menu and tiles smaller? Iā€™m one of those people with zero icons on my desktop.

@rhubot indeed! right click and hit resizeā€¦ apparently only special apps can be the Wedge or Large sizeā€¦

Normal programs can be medium or small. Which makes senseā€¦ now that I think about it they should all be small unless they use the space properlyā€¦ obviously I have no programsā€¦ steam contains all my gamesā€¦ there are only a couple I would add but I donā€™t want to download those at this pointā€¦

I rarely play them and the software is always updating and when it falls behind you have to reinstall anywaysā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mmos

1 Like

Iā€™m updated sosy. Xoxo :kissing:

1 Like

So far the weather app is the only one that deserves the large tileā€¦ there are news/sports/money apps as well but I donā€™t need that rot forced on me.

Perhaps the xbox app might be cool as a tile. oh you can also do this

you can set it to 1, 2, or 3 widths outā€¦ lots of spaceā€¦ there is also a full screen mode for the start menuā€¦ I donā€™t like that feature though.

Underneath the user logo and nameā€¦ there are some optional automatically filled listsā€¦ Most usedā€¦ and recently addedā€¦ again thatā€™s just rot thoughā€¦

Ah Iā€™m bored as hell. I wish my bike tire wasnā€™t flatā€¦ I need to go outside.

Iā€™m about to turn on my desktop just to make that weather icon largerā€¦ lol wtf I have no life.

1 Like

Lol lol :speak_no_evil: so far all I notice is my keyboard changes to this new lower case font.