Bbq rules (from Facebook)

Nothing gets by you, huh?

1 Like

That looks darn good! What honey do you use?

1 Like

I guess I didn’t lol over this post Fire but my grandpa is like this in the sense he’s always barking orders to my arthritic grandma to get him a beer, make this, do that, get me more of this.

It never ends.

I’d like to think things are changing but idk.

-S

1 Like

I’m asking because assuming you were just being petty would be unfair. I guess you took the post personally for some reason. Maybe that’s why you’re being condescending as well.

Beats me. It would be an unfair act upon myself to challenge your beaming intellect with my petty, condescending one. I know you’re always got fairness in mind. Not sure if serious…

1 Like

I should probably stop. @anon9798425, dude, you need to chill out. You’re too easy to get worked up and into a tizzy. Other people on this site have trolled you for that exact reason. You present as fairly narcissistic and a know-it-all. Just a friendly heads-up. We all have our faults.

Try some brisket.

She just used generic liquid honey.

1 Like

Plz come to Minnesota. If you don’t have a valid passport I’ll sneak you in via a shoebox. You sound like an awesome cook though with what you shared in the past.

Seriously though that looks excellent.

-S

I miss 4th of July barbecues at my Aunts house also my Dad makes a good steak on the grill

The best way to alter the flavor of the baklava is with different honey. I prefer wildflower honey, but blueberry blossom and orange blossom honey are also interesting.

1 Like

I used to work in a cafe that served an Iranian baklava made with cardamom and rose water. :yum:

2 Likes

Syrian style usually uses orange juice

2 Likes

It was a spontaneous thing, just using what was in the house. If you look close at the images you’ll see lots of orange zest. The end product had a zingy, citrus flavour.

1 Like

I’m not the one who’s double posting and being mean. I think you need to self-reflect a little.

Picnics rule too.

I said it was a “friendly heads-up.” Don’t know how I can make it any softer for you, buddy.

And I, you.

I love it! Baklava is one of those desserts I can’t picture making on a whim, because it takes so much work. Kudos to you for making a kid who treats cooking the way you do, like it’s always worth the effort.

1 Like

Picnics can be great. My mum made fantastic potato salad, much better than anything from a supermarket.

We’re a different type of home. You’ll always find wonton wrappers, phylo dough, and puff pastry in our freezer. We make our own pasta and bread. I’ve always just cooked with the kid helping because I want her to be able to enjoy food on her own when I’m gone.

1 Like