1b- votto
rf- puig
3b suarez
cf- schebler
2b- peraza
c- barnhart
ss- Iglesias
p- Castillo

would probably switch peraza with winker, or maybe even schebler hitting leadoff. winker gets on base, but not a good baserunner

hopefully will see a win today. nice for it to be baseball season again. I won’t be flooding the boards with baseball stuff, but it’s opening day so I’ll post here now.

3 Likes

yeah Go Reds, except when they’re playing the Cubs.

2 Likes

haha the cubs will be tough to beat for sure.

3 Likes

I’m sad Iggy is no longer with the tigers.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to radio here in Colorado and lots of people here think the Rockies will win the world series.

1 Like

yeah he was a good pickup. especially with scooter gennett getting hurt late in spring training. he wasn’t that expensive to acquire. he’s only making a couple million this season I think. not much for a big league veteran. should improve the defense a good deal, they have a good offense but the defense will be one of the worst, especially in the outfield.

personally, im all about the bats, I like to watch a good offense 1-8, I wish the NL had the DH.

2 Likes

haha, maybe. the optimism to start the season is always great. I don’t think the dodgers will be as good this year so they could take the division for sure. the rockies are one of my favorite teams. i’d love to see a game at coors field someday. maybe when I visit my sister.

1 Like

Go Cubs!!! :baseball::baseball::baseball:

3 Likes

Iggy unfortunately doesn’t have much of a bat, but he is a defensive wizard. I enjoyed watching him the last few years.

I love pitching, and the tigers dont have much in the way of it. Especially with Fulmer needing Tommy John’s surgery.

2 Likes

tommy john is the death nail for starters. is he a velocity guy? im not real familiar with him. usually pitchers who get tommy john have to learn how to pitch backwards. some guys still recover from it though.

reds starting pitching has sucked most of my life, but they had a few good years a few seasons ago. Bronson arroyo was probably my favorite reds pitcher, he wouldn’t give in a hitter’s count and could throw his curve slider and changeup for a strike whenever he wanted. he got destroyed by lefties though, baseball is the ultimate sport for lefties seems like.

1 Like

for some reason I was thinking the tigers won a world series when they had verlander, am I mistaken?

They never won with Verlander, the year we traded him to the Astros the Astros won it.

1 Like

The tigers had amazing starting pitchers, but lost two world series because of bullpen pitching. Our bullpen has always been pathetic.

1 Like

Astros are on, but now my religious ideations are telling me this is idolotry.

1 Like

opening day is always a big deal in Cincinnati. they had the 100th consecutive opening day parade today. always a sellout on opening day, then more often than not tickets are easy to come by the rest of the season. their weekend crowds are much stronger than their weekday crowds.

last game I saw was a day game (business day special) against the twins a few years ago. then twins 2b dozier hit a homerun and billy Hamilton was in his first full season with the reds.

reds attendance was down 800,000 last year compared to a few years ago when they were competitive

1 Like

I just got mlb.tv through t mobile. It comes with the service. You have too the end of the month to sign up. Pretty fast internet is probably required.

Yeah those predictions are just a bunch of garbage. At least they have said it many times about the Indians. Never happens

1 Like

I watch a lot of cricket and the skills of hitting and fielding are similar. In cricket you can hit the ball behind you and when you bowl you can bowl at the player. You get hit it’s your problem.

Still. Many a good cricketer has been good at baseball. Enjoy the games and the season. Sport is one of the few things I can watch without too much drain on my concentration!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.