Bands that got you through your teenage years?

Hey guys, as above, for me it suede, the smiths, the cure, the sisters of mercy, thoughts?

3 Likes

Korn, Limp Biscuit, Linkin Park

6 Likes

I was a musician and a singer. I performed a lot. As a musician, I love many kinds of music and many bands. It’d be hard to pin a few down as what got me through. Music in general got me through

4 Likes

Anything new wave or synthpop or new romantic got me through.

Guns and Roses was probably my favorite but there were oh so many to name.

Virgin radio. It was mostly rock music I think…

We used to have it on through the night during sleepovers at my childhood friends place

jimi hendrix was way up there…the rolling stones…styx…haha…kansas…nitty gritty dirt band.

Glassjaw, among others:

Linkin park, tool, staind, Pearl Jam. Man I used to be so into music. I wanted to be a rock star so bad I picked up the guitar. Played for 15 years but still not a star.

Maybe a local coffeeshop is where it’s at, @pasteyface…?

Staind was my jam also, and Pearl Jam.

I’ve done tons of open mics at coffee shops. We don’t have any local in my small town. There is a restaurant that has live music on fridays. If I get like 40 songs together I could probably play there

1 Like

Modest mouse, NOFX, various indie alternative bands, soooooo much love for punk rock even to this day, grunge, Gregory and the hawk, the submarines, Christian music, etc.

never liked rock or bands… was more into rap music in my teenage years

1 Like

Van Halen
Rush
Styxx
Foreigners
Eagles

2 Likes

Fall out boy, my chemical romance, taking back Sunday, cute is what we aim for… later in high school I was more into rap… if you could even call it that lol

2 Likes

Simple Minds
ABC
Spandau Ballat
Kate Bush
Frankie goes to Hollywood
U2
ABC
Pink Floyd

And John Stainers Crucifixion and various Choral Pieces.

2 Likes

My first cassette was Simple Minds because of the Breakfast Club song. I began to appreciate the song’ See the Lights’ which is a deeper track.

Eminem and Korn helped me work through my teenage angst.

1 Like

Oh, how could I forget?
Journey.

2 Likes

Linkin park, evanescence, MCR, and paramore.

3 Likes